1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which PSU is Better?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the Seasonic ones comes in 3 different wattages, which were you looking at?

Personally I'd be looking at bigger than 500W though

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I know I've read that one shouldn't skimp on PSUs but projected budget (actual money in hand when the upgrade time arrives as well as price differences from now and then) kinda holds me back from purchasing something a little better. Also availability at the retail store I purchase my parts at is also a major factor.

As for going for something higher than 500w, would a 600w unit be good?

Again budget constraints aside my options are:

http://www.corsair.com/en/cx600-80-plusr-bronze-certified-power-supply

or,

http://www.seasonicusa.com/S12II-Bronze.htm

As for your question regarding the wattages. I'm assuming you meant those 380w, 520w and 620w values on the product photo?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes 600W would be better. My question about wattages is because the Seasonic page you linked actually is actually for a range containing 3 different models, each with a different wattage and consequently different output capabilities.

Using the 620W Seasonic as a comparison, the Seasonic has a slightly higher 12V rail than the corsair., so in terms of graphics card power the Seasonic is better but probably not enough to matter.

It's awkward because I like Seasonic and they're a good brand, but ive never liked 'odd' wattages (like n20, n80), I much prefer multiples of 50. (600,650,700,750 etc). That said, my current PSU is a Corsair 760W.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Thanks loony :)

So it's the 620w Seasonic then. I just wish the price goes down a tad more when I do upgrade. Even just a few hundred pesos down would be a good deal.