1. This forum is in read-only mode.

which is the best game company

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kanwarrulz_123, Sep 6, 2007.

1. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Please don't hijack threads (especially threads that are from September when this is March).

2. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Fixed to fit me

3. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I'd have to say Blizzard, for WC3 and Starcraft... The first games I played online :)

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I agree Starcraft is the greatest PC game I have ever played

5. david23

david23 Well-Known Member

EA just buys other company's that develops games and the games that EA has published sucks big time I would say that square-enix(Final fantasy series), Konami(Metal gear solid), Capcom(Resident Evil) these are one of the best company's that makes games but I would also say that Namco, Tecmo and Nintendo make good games.

6. Penguin360

Penguin360 Well-Known Member

Square-enix

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

EA's main problem is they force the developers to release unfinished games. Crysis could easily have become the game of the year; but EA rushed it. the result is a game that is graphically astounding, has awesome new concepts and features, yet is virtually unplayable at times because of the bugs. Crashes to desktop, heavy weapons become unavailable when you're faced with armor (they disappear from the inventory, and you can't pick up another because 'you can only carry one rocket launcher') events don't trigger when they should (you can't get into the mine because the doors didn't open when they were supposed to), helicopters get stuck in cranes but still open fire if you go within their line of sight...

they've already released a patch that tweaks multiplayer slightly, but does nothing about the bugs in single player mode.

A huge disappointment.

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I personally don't like EA's methods...now tha you've mentioned it Loony, and now I seem to feel grateful taht Nintendo does postpone some games, and i'm glad Square Enix releases their games a ****LOAD longer than the last, it's so worth it in the end though ;D

9. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Indeed. There's always a good side to delays - it gives developers more time to improve.

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

not so true EA do put off games, i've been waiting for spore for ages now and they keep putting the date back

11. Red Octobur

Red Octobur New Member

I'ma have to say Capcom, or Rare.

Capcom did Dead Rising and the Devil May Cry series, as well as Lost Planet and the Resident Evil series.
    Rare made alot of the N64 classics like GoldenEye, Banjo-Tooie/Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, and Conker.

12. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

Well, the EA games are always good, but they're almost never original. They only make sequels 'nd stuff, with only pimping the graphics. Therefor I think one can't say EA's 'the best'. SquareEnix makes games with tons of quality, but they only make RPG's, and when they try other genre's (they made this dragon game... can't remember the name though) the quality always drops...

Therefor I think Ubisoft is the best. They create lots of new franchises with a lot of new stuff (Assassins Creed --> freerun implemented) (Beyond Good 'nd Evil --> original graphicstyle + story)... They have the creativity a lot of other companies lack (imo)

13. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

I like nintendo games

14. Loonylion

They are original, only X and X-2 had any similarities. the rest are different every game. Sure its saving the world again, but then so are most RPGs in one way or another.

15. equitypetey

the fps fighting style on mass effect is horrible

16. Loonylion

XII was vastly different from previous FF games, and who's to say that FFXIII won't innovate. You can't criticize an older game for being less innovative than a newer one, and FFXII has been out longer than mass effect.

17. J A C O B

J A C O B Well-Known Member

18. Loonylion

Sony don't make games...

19. equitypetey

your wrong they do here is a list

Dark Cloud (RPG)
    I.Q. Remix+: Intelligent Qube (Music)
    Ico (Action/Fantasy)
    Kinetica (Mech Racing)
    NBA Shootout 2003 (Sports-Basketball)
    NFL Gameday 2001 (Sports-Football)
    Popolocrois III
    Rise to Honor (Action/Martial Arts)
    Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (Action/Shooter)
    The Mark of Kri (Action)
    TVDJ
    Dropship: United Peace Force
    EyeToy: Play/Groove (Miscellaneous)
    Formula One 2001
    Formula One 2002
    Formula One 2003
    GhostHunter (Horror)
    Hardware
    Primal (Action)
    This is Football 2002 (Sports)
    Wipeout Fusion
    World Tour Soccer 2002 (Sports)
    World Tour Soccer 2003 (Sports)
    Ally of Justice
    Ape Escape 2 (Action)
    Ape Escape 2001 (Action)
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (RPG)
    Boku no Natsuyasumi 2
    Fantavision (Puzzle)
    Forbidden Siren (Suspense)
    Hungry Ghosts
    Mojib Ribbon
    Operator's Side
    Otosaz
    Phase Paradox
    Poinie's Poin
    Sky Gunner
    Sky Odyssey
    Space Fishermen
    Surveillance

and there is a few more i think

20. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah they do but they mostly have help from other developers, correct?