1. This forum is in read-only mode.

which is harder to master? piano or guitar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lugia543, Sep 6, 2009.

?

which is harder, piano or guitar

1. piano

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. guitar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Well, sad to say, your current posts in response to mine shows signs of you insisting that the Piano is an inferior instrument to the Guitar, while in counter-argument, I state that they are neither is inferior to the other, but instead different.

I'm not here to argue, if it seems that way, I'm sorry buddy.

I do see what you're saying, it's just, i don't agree with the way you put it.

2. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

no way in a millions years would i think the piano is pants,compared to the guitar,hell no.
    I play blues guitar,and love nothing more then jamming out B.B King Licks to the beautiful sound of a piano.

I was just saying that the guitar has a larger armoury of teqniques to learn.

3. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

just because piano requires a tad more co-ordination doesn't mean its harder.

4. ZeroDigit

ZeroDigit Member

It's funny, i always felt that the guitar would be so much harder to master , only because the piano comes to me somewhat naturally. I mean i have seen people who could play both instruments but when i asked them they always told me that the guitar was harder to learn.

5. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get that. It's just the way you were letting that information out, it sounded like you were smalling the Piano. Sorry bro.

6. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

the bet with me and my friend ended a long time ago and if you're wondering who won the bet, it was I!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

7. CrimsonZero

CrimsonZero Member

I believe whichever is harder to master depends on the individual. None is inferior to the other, both sound wonderful alone, and beautiful when played together. For me, though, the piano is more difficult for me than the guitar but that's mostly because I've played the violin and have some experience with string instruments.

I'm glad you won the bet, lugia ;)

8. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

unfortunately in orchestra (normally) there's no room for piano or guitar, except for their own concert...

9. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

For me guitar is harder to learn. Altough the tabs are easier to read then notes, but those chords on guitar are really hard imo.

My 5 year old plays piano, guitar and drums, he seems to have no problems with any instrument.
    He just listens to a song and plays it on what ever instrument is in front of him... I'm jealous :-\

So I guess it's all about the musical talent(?) that you naturally have (hmmz you know what I mean right??) or how fast you learn...

10. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

i can't really read tabs... i read the tutorial for it, but still, it's easier to read notes....

11. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Guitar is way more diverse in terms of playing style but i still think piano is harder to learn.So in the end,guitar is easier to learn but takes a lot of effort and time to master due to the wide range of styles.

12. tehe tums

tehe tums New Member