1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which game would you like to see on Wii or DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by asdzxc123789, Jan 29, 2009.

1. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

actually. a smash bros can be made. it is very possible actually. the power of the ds is about the same as the n64 and the ds has all the rite buttons

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the DS is nowhere near as powerful as the n64.

3. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

Castlevania :SotN on the DS. With the ability to input spells with the touch screen instead of the control pad.

4. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

For the DS, I would like to see a Smash Bros, more FPS', more FF(5,6), and a good new platformer, doesn't matter waht, but I feel like a platformer. I've beaten most of the other ones.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if there's no chance, poster is just asking what you would want to see made.

A 2D one would be nice, yes. And no it doesn't have the same power.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Here is a website that compares the specs. N64 has more processor power than the DS. But it looks like the DS has a lot more Video RAM.

7. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

any good RPG, but then again i have yet to try Final Fantasy
    better Pokemon games! the main ones right now are too predictable, you can probably run through it in a language you don't know
    less lag on certain games
    now Doom would be fun to try on the DS, there is a homebrew for that actually but it's a bit choppy

for Wii i would wanna try... what was it called again, Monster Hunter or something? from PSP
    i don't think they should have canceled the GTA project for Wii, but i respect their choice
    a more souped up version of Brawl, with breakthroughs they had with Melee (all the great maps, character additions, etc... innovation plays big here)

8. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

well if they used low quality audio took out quite a few fmv sequences square could possibly get ff7 on a 256MB card POSSIBLY which would be awsome. re2ds would be awsome too

9. anandjones

^Audio would be outputted as bad quality anyway (on any of 15 channels). It would have to be remade (models etc.) Also, the final build size can't exactly be estimated like that. It is very possible.

Yes, but they share it amongst 9 holding banks, so it proves to be more difficult with certain things.

I would love to see a Hugo remake of some sort (the old typing adventure game).

10. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

- an NBA game for the DS. i just love basketball, but Mario Hoops and Backyard Basketball doesn't cut it for me.

- A game with the concept of Dissidia, but the gameplay of Jump Ultimate Stars. I didn't like Dissidia's DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi-like gameplay, but i love the fact that you pit FF characters against one another.

- DotA on the DS. Nuff said.

11. KainOdius

KainOdius Active Member

Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask on the DS.

This is a strange want for me, because I didn't think they were as great as everyone else did; but it'd be nice if they got the Mario 64 treatment.

12. icefire34

alrite i guess i said my statement wrong. i meant that the ds has about the same resolution and could produce the same graphics as some n64 games. just look at super mario 64 and the ds version. the ds one looks superior.

i never meant raw power.

srry for the misunderstanding

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The DS version was completely re-written, you cannot compare them. the N64 output resolution is much higher than the DS resolution.

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Right icefire... The coders and programmers are better now but that doesn't make the Handheld better than the old Console

15. icefire34

lol i said the resolutions were ABOUT the same

n64: 256×224 (or 640×480 screen resolution)
    ds: 256×192

so the resolution for the n64 are slightly better. it just looks better on the ds because it has smaller screens. the smaller screens means more stuff can be put onto it

and when did i say the handheld was better?

16. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

why do so many people want rpg's on systems that already have too many.

i'd like to see an RTS on the wii like C&C, i think the wii controller would be good, you could play it like a mouse with a pc
    they had a dawn of war style game on the ds it would be nice if they did something like that for the wii

oh by the way if you didn't know i no longer have a ds but i do now have a wii (just waiting on my wiikey 2;D)

17. meminpanda

meminpanda Well-Known Member

starcraft on ds!! jajjajaa
    disgaea 2 and 3!
    a banjo thriee because bolts and nuts is not good D:
    and pikmin! for wii and ds !

18. anandjones

No.

There are many hardware restrictions for each engine screen (such as only 128 sprites can be created on each etc.).

Probably another OoA etc. remake of some sort.

19. icefire34

well the programmers dont need as many polygons to put effects into the ds because of its small screen. that's y the graphics look slightly better on ds than on the n64. if the n64 was a handheld then the graphics would be better than the ds

20. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

pikmin is on the wii