1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which flash cart works the best with a DSi XL?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by ryanflucas, Oct 14, 2010.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

it basically says there will only be dsi mode for homebrews. and will support sd slot for homebrews. the only good thing i see is the use of camera and that stuff in dsi enhanced games. but i dont think that is worth the 50 dollars

2. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I have both a class 2 and a class 4 sandisk. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Loading times are faster, saving is faster, portrait of ruin no longer freezes on the class 4. Frame rates on games like Rune Factory 3 are higher. Pokemon soulsilver runs SOOOO much faster on the class 4 it's not even funny, in battle as well as faster smoother menu browsing.

Do NOT get a class 2 card.

3. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

Hey yall can someone explain what GB the classes are
    your help is appreciated!

4. paulwen

paulwen Member

There are too many flash card in the market currently. I think you can try r4i sdhc 3ds for trial. It is made by r4i-sdhc.com. New r4i sdhc 3ds card support Nintendo 3DS, DSi, and DS conosle.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes, there are too many different flashcarts in the market, and you promoting one of the the endless R4 fakes is NOT helping anything.
    Classes are just a way of ranking the cards according to write speed. Higher class is faster. Capacity has no relevance to class.

6. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

I Have no idea what you just said : l
    From what i know is what the first post says
    So if sixteen GB is class two then thirty-two GB must be class and the class goes higher as the GB go lower but thats probably not right. Oh is that each GB card can have its own range of class like one two GB might have a class one and another two GB might have class three?

7. Loonylion

class and size are completely independent of each other.

8. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

Ah i see your clever. So what are they referring to when they say class? If its speed then why is some saying otherwise? Sorry I realise i'm dang annoying

9. Loonylion

Class refers to the minimum write speed of the card. A higher class will write data to the card faster. Below is a quote:

taken from: http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/speed_class/

10. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

Ahh thanks heaps for that. You guys are so helpful

11. chutian3498

chutian3498 New Member

i think acekard will be more power than other cards

12. Simoni

Simoni Member

SuerCard DSTwo is the best..... But if you only need a simply card and dont need the extra features like special homebrews, gba emulation, RTS/RTG, etc, the ak2i or r4i Gold 3ds should suffice. I purchased my acekard 2i my from oz3ds, which works fine and enough for me....