1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which do you prefer? Consoles or iPad?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by teheezin, Nov 11, 2010.

1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Would you prefer buying an iPad over PS3 and Xbox 360?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't seeing as how i would have no use for an ipad.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't have any use for an iPad as well. I don't see the value of it when my netbook does a thousand more things than the iPad.

4. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

I have something called a netbook/laptop so I wouldn't bother getting an iPad. Instead I would get myself a iPod Touch instead of a Over-sized version of it.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

console. ipad is a piece of shit.

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

dont see the point of an ipad. my dad has one, he basically uses it for games, so its like an ipod touch. Xbox 360!

7. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I would prefer an iPad at this point in time over a console. Not even kidding. I don't need a console. What I do need is something mobile with FTP and Wifi (although a netbook and a tethered smartphone are what is actually on my to-buy list).

Look, I'm no Apple fanboy, but the iPad does outclass netbooks in some areas. I don't want nor need one, but I can see why some people do.

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if your not a ipod fanboy, look at the blackberry pad, i forgot the name of it

9. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

A console..I don't want or need an Ipad at all.

By the way.....You're pitting the 360 and PS3 against an Ipad?

10. Loonylion

Even though there are other tablet PCs that do far more than the ipad and cost less?

11. teheezin

teheezin Guest

it's called Blackberry Play Book :D

12. Suiseiseki

Why? I don't want either, the entire range of tablet PCs does not interest me. It's unnecessary for the work I do.

This is where I say I'm completely in the dark about tablet computing and viable alternatives to the iPad. I don't keep up with that side of IT as it doesn't affect my work. I've no doubt, however, that the most consistent base of high-quality tablet application development for the next few years will be on the iPad, so it follows that the adoption rate and thus the number of feasible applications of that technology will be greater in the long run.

13. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

iPad=inferior, late-into-the-market expensive tablet PC.

Gimme a console, man.

...actually a wii would be best so I can get thinner while playing games...I've been biking with the PS2 I got a few months ago tho I haven't had much of a chance to do it :p

*stares at all of the discs he burned when he thought ACTA was gonna be passed and strong as shit*

14. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

well said loony!

15. Loonylion

Most tablet PCs run Windows, either XP or 7.

16. Suiseiseki

That's a given. Yet despite its flaws it seems that the iPad is the most popular tablet on the market at the moment.

17. bunnybag

bunnybag Well-Known Member

My mum wanted an ipad because it's the new "in" thing. *sigh*

18. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

That would be a different reason altogether. I would actually get an iPad if possible, seeing as there is an ease of access. If I'm just going to check the internet for something, I don't feel like turning on and waiting for 5 minutes for everything to boot up.

19. Suiseiseki

That's essentially it. Having talked with my uncle, who does IT for a VERY big company that shall remain nameless but is based in London, I was eventually convinced that the iPad does have a niche. It's fine for checking the news, working with apps or doing some quick stuff (my Operating Systems lecturer uses his to check attendance in lectures), but it's by no means a PC replacement.

20. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Yes.

Reason: I don't know.