1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which came first? The Chicken or The Egg?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by AKOMISMO123, Jun 4, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Has nobody brought up the fact that the T-Rex evolved into the chicken? Thus, the egg truly came first, as the chicken didn't just sort of appear. It evolved over thousands, maybe millions of years to the common bird we see today. One day, the chicken we've come to know today hatched out of an egg. It wasn't the chicken we know today beforehand. Only after everything did it's work in the egg did we get what we see.

/debate

You can all go home now. Even you who don't believe in evolution. There is no debate here, only fact.

2. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

check the pages before hand i did bring up the t-rex thing -_-"

3. LuckyTrouble77

Then people need to learn how to read. There is no debate here, there is undeniable fact.

4. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Why's everyone talking about the dinosaurs?
    Have you forgotten the unicells?
    Think of their feelings, Christ.

5. the-flash-wallywest

the-flash-wallywest New Member

i have a graet knowledge of dino sausrs and infact chikens a evolved from yopu guessed it dinosaurs and and eventuaslly through mating over thousand of years we have the chicken to wich now lays egges

so to sum up the chicken evolved from dinosaurs and they lay eggs
    THE CHICKEN CAME FIRST
    P.S SOORY FOR MY SPELLING

6. Nitemare_ Plague

If the chicken evetually came from the dinosuar's egg then it would mean....the egg came first

7. LuckyTrouble77

Quoted for truth.

8. Nitemare_ Plague

9. Lenardo

Lenardo Active Member

Technically neither came first because both the chicken and the egg were decadents of dinosaurs. Dinosaurs laid eggs too. so when some dinosaurs evolved into Pterodactyls etc. they in turn evolved into more bird-like creatures and thus both the chicken and egg.

10. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Birds evolved from Theropods, not Pterodactyls.
    But your point still sands.

11. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

quoted again for truth... AGAIN... can't get it still?

12. Glyton

Glyton Member

Why not both?

13. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

As it turns out you're all wrong

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38238685/ns/technology_and_science-science/

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

you know, all the scientists do is to explain how the egg is made, base on my understanding on Biology, all egg is made the same way in oviparity animal, from the protein in their ovaries.

even its true that the "special protein" only found in the chicken that made the egg, then where does this chicken came from? mutation dont happen in full grown animal without negetive effect its because our body is design to get rip of defective cell via apoptosis. mutated cell that fail to trigger the apoptosis will develop into tumor or worse cancer.

so the only place where mutation can happen safely happen is when its developing, when it was still fresh and need to be shaped, when it is still an embryo-fetus.

that why people dont wake up one day and found he have a 6th finger, he have to be born with a 6th finger.

the scientists can conclude the finding of chicken came first is doing have half bake job, if they insist that the chicken came first then they must also explain where or how the chicken came from the first place.

edit: in case you misunderstood me, i'm not claiming i know more then those scientists, i'm just saying their work is incomplete, and their conclusion is not solid.

15. tehuber1337

You're not getting it. Chicken eggs can only come from chickens, but that doesn't mean chickens can only come from chicken eggs. Damn, if you think you know something about biology and evolution, then try applying that knowledge before you mouth off.

16. calvin_0

I did apply that knowledge, thats how i concluded that egg came first as you said it yourself.

17. tehuber1337

Are you retarded or are you deliberately ignoring all logic and sense? When did I ever say that the egg came first? How does anything you've said establish this or refute the evidence I've presented to the contrary?

18. calvin_0

if i would ignoring all logic and sense, i would go with chicken came first answer.

did you read anything that you post?

try reading and understanding theory of evolution, mutation and reproduction.

and also, the "evidence" your present is incomplete. it is explain in my "blah blah blah where does this chicken came from blah blah blah" post.

19. tehuber1337

I read and write in English, you might wanna try it one day.

Take your own advice. Evolution is based on genetic variations that can be passed on to offspring, not mutation of individual cells that lose all meaning once the host itself is dead.

Absolutely nothing you have said establishes your argument. All you've got is some terrible and erroneous description of evolution as fetal mutation that has no relevance whatsoever to why the egg must've preceded the chicken. That's impossible because the egg can only form with proteins from a chicken's ovaries.

Therefore, if you want to establish your argument, then please explain why it's impossible for a chicken to evolve as a genetic mutation of its predecessor inside of a non-chicken egg.

20. calvin_0

Then i'm guessing i'm writting in binary.

a swing and miss. Evolution is base on genetic variation, but that not the only thing, when genetic material combine to form a new life, it also contain other things or factor, like dominance gene or creation of new gene base entirely. when this occurred it is call a mutation. mutation can be a good thing and bad, for evolution to happen, the mutation must make offspring survive much longer, enough to pass down its mutated gene to form a new generation, this process is call natural selection.

that as i explain in my "blah blah blah where does this chicken came from blah blah blah", mutation does not occurred in fully grown animal because our body is design that way. mutation it is only possible when it is newly form in a developing stages as it form the new embryo.

Because chicken it self is mutation of its ancestor. Reproduction system doesnt change much in one life so you can safely say the ancestor of all oviparity animal use the came reproduction system (thats why mammal dont lay eggs even they life in the sea like a fish).

since the ancestor of the chicken lay eggs, laid by whatever is one step away from being a chicken. The "special protein" that make chicken egg possible can be the final step of the mutation causing it to evolve into a chicken. So Egg came first.

that is just the chicken egg, it doesnt mean the first chicken came form a chicken egg (as you said earlier), the embryo in the egg just happen to mutated into a chicken, starting a new generation.