1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which came first? The Chicken or The Egg?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by AKOMISMO123, Jun 4, 2010.

1. djdato

djdato New Member

God made chicken, chicken made egg :p

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100714/toddly-do-you-think-the-chicken-or-the-egg-cc3a409.html

A team of British researchers say they've cracked it - claiming that it was the chicken that came first.
    Scientists from Sheffield and Warwick universities have discovered that eggs only become possible because of a protein found in the chickens' ovaries.
    Dr Colin Freeman was part of the team who examined the eggs closely, travelling up to Edinburgh to use a special computer that could "zoom in" on the formation process.
    He said: "The protein had been identified before and it was linked to egg formation but by examining it closely we have been able to see how it controls the process."
    It may not follow people's ideas about the chain of evolution but the scientists say their model shows that the protein is crucial to starting the early stages of shell formation.
    They found up to six grammes of shell is created every 24 hours once the protein coverts calcium carbonate into calcite crystals which makes up the egg shell.
    Dr Freeman says it is an exciting discovery: "'Understanding how chickens make shells is fascinating in itself but can also give clues towards designing new materials."

3. doggy-dj

doggy-dj Guest

THE EGG CAUSE AN ELEPHANT LAYED AN EGG THEN A CHICKEN CAME OUT AND SCARED THE ELEPHANT SO MUCH IT DIDNT MAKE EGGS NO MORE!!!!!

4. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

but that protein maybe found from any other Jurassic fowl/bird...

5. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Without a clear classification about what makes a chicken-egg a chicken-egg and what makes a chicken a chicken, this debate has no resolution.

6. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

It is just like humans ;D

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well...technically speaking. The egg came first.

It is one of the oldest ways for animals to have young. The creatures before the dinosaurs did this as well. And many eons before that, eggs were in use.

The "chicken" came out of the egg...but where exactly did that egg come from?

8. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I just saw this on the BBC : scientists say the chicken came first :p

9. takakaw

takakaw New Member

its been proven that the shell of the egg contains a protein that would only be present having been inside a hen first... thus the chicken came first.

10. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

so... dinosaurs came from chicken? come on............. dinosaurs came from eggs too you know...

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

But eggs have been around longer than what we call "chickens".

12. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

According to Genesis 1:20-22 the chicken came before the egg. 8)

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Even lower life forms that form colonies like Coral uses an egg as the primary medium for developing their young so yes, the "reproductive mechanism" known as an egg did came first & the chicken came about after millions of years of evolution.

14. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

This is most probable, ingenious, intelligent question by far. My family laughs at this one any day. We debate about it then, scamble some eggs, and stuff the turkey(oh, wait chicken my bad). But I would say that the chicken came first, for if the chicken was not there who would give birth to the egg.

15. banban11

banban11 Member

hmm it doesen't say chicken egg ^^ so egg come first becouse maybe its dino egg? or fish egg ^^?

16. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

I say The Chicken because how the hell is the egg suppose to even become an egg, therefore since the beginning of evolution and stuff, the animal tree can be messed up and a bear COULD lay an egg therefore it becomes a chicken and then in reproduces through doing their reporduction job. Okay, fine a bear might be stupic but how about other birds or animals that is connected to the chicken.

I mean, a lizard has brothers and/or cousins of crocs and other reptiles alike.

17. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

Stop Making people download iso/roms/Cso/wads.....

I think the egg would came first then then inside the egg would be a forming chicken like the yolk.

18. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Chicken came first. This actually comes from my religion's Bible so as you don't take it offensively. This is roughly what it says:
    [quote author=Catholic Bible]
    And God said, "Let there be fishes to dwell in the sea, and birds of all kinds to fill the sky."
    [/quote]
    At the Creation, animals were not born from eggs or anything. They were created as adults to produce eggs. So I say the chicken came before the egg.

19. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Also, plants were created before the sun and the moon.
    Hmmm....makes perfect sense.

20. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

My answer Is the T-rex cause its ture...that and i heard chickens are descended kinda from t-rexes anyway so it fits