1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which came first? The Chicken or The Egg?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by AKOMISMO123, Jun 4, 2010.

1. three_strangers

three_strangers Well-Known Member

The egg.
    Organisms cannot evolve once they are born. A species changes as parents lay eggs, and the eggs contain mutations/adaptations. If these mutations are beneficial, the genes will pass to the next generation. As these mutations stack up, eventually the result is a creature that is similar but different from the original. This takes hundreds of years, so the chicken ancestor will look slightly different from modern chickens. So basicly:

Chicken Ancestor>Egg>Modern Chicken

2. Gwokymarla

Gwokymarla New Member

I think the Chicken came first... mabey the eggs where inside the chicken (much like humans) and one day a chicken desided to crap it out.

3. Rippedgeek

Rippedgeek New Member

For those of you holding your breath for a SERIOUS, well researched answer that explains the whole conundrum:

Walk away now.

Here goes...
    I came first. Then the chicken - sliced, crumbed and fried in salted butter until golden brown. Then, and only then, came the egg. Served in omelette form with cheese, mushrooms and ham.

Satisfied?

4. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

i completely agree with you... however if

Chicken Ancestor>Egg>Modern Chicken

we would consider ^egg to be the egg of the Chicken Ancestor. Therefore, the first chicken egg would be that laid by the first chicken. the first chicken would be the hatchling of a Chicken Ancestor egg.

In this way the CHICKEN comes into existence before the EGG (of a chicken i.e. chicken egg)

5. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

Sorry guys. Chuck Norris came first.

6. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

the question isn't about the first CHICKEN egg, it just says egg, so the egg came first

7. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

this is entirely wrong... what if the chicken ancestor was a dinosaur... then in order to adapt, its eggs had to mutate.. so over time, when it hatched it became a chicken...

evolution doesnt happen as chicken ancestor>egg>modern chicken... there are still many evolutions/mutations between the three... thus the egg (with a chicken inside) came first from the mutated parents and became a chicken...

8. Adnan1992

entirely wrong? lol.
    mutated parent is the same as a chicken ancestor- it is a species that predates the chicken so is therefore is an ancestor of the chicken. The ancestor that i refer to is the previous strain of bird- the one before the chicken. Thus when you say "thus the egg (with a chicken inside) came first from the mutated parents and became a chicken", that egg was laid by a mutated parent and therefore is a mutated parent egg and NOT a chicken egg.

if we take it like that, then yes msg is right.

9. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

This must be the twelfth time this topic has reared its head. :(

10. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Pile of crap right? I think it's complete nonsensical jargon. Does it matter if the egg came first or the chicken came first? All I care about is eating them to be honest, because they're both quite tasty. Which came first? Or rather, which one was eaten first?

11. Adnan1992

hmm makes it quite pointless to even comment on this thread. ;)

12. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Indeed, I hate the way the original posts are always so vague in their definitions of what makes a chicken and what makes a chicken egg.

13. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

well... a chicken came out... so its obviously a chicken egg... so the egg came first... :D

14. K-N

K-N Member

fried chicken

15. mulch

mulch New Member

something not quite a chicken laid an egg and it hatched into a chicken

16. msg2009

but if then it would be a 'whatever the chicken evolved from' egg

17. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

what do you call an egg with a chicken inside? a chicken egg... even if it came from a mutated parent, if theres a chicken inside, its still a chicken egg...

18. msg2009

no its a 'whatever laid the egg' egg.
    a sparrow cant lay a chicken egg

19. K-N

K-N Member

the chicken comes first

20. Adnan1992

ahh then you do agree with me. :)