1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Which came first? The Chicken or The Egg?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by AKOMISMO123, Jun 4, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I say this...

Birds evolved from dinosaurs (as an alternitive branch-look at raptors-bird like features).

Thus, they changed looks, but not the egg part.
    Post Merge: [time]1275815099[/time]
    As for where said dinosaur came from, prehaps...some 1 cell thing evolved and started laying eggs at some point?

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

but where did that chicken come from? the two are mutually exclusive yanno.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You have to consider the context that the saying has been put in. Which is exactly as it is at face value, "What came first? The chicken or the egg?".

There's no other meaning, there's no hidden message, it's not supposed to be dwevelled into with the scientific method, and it's not supposed to be analyzed. It's reason for existence is to create a situation that is impossible to answer. Also notice how there's no other choice given besides, chicken, or egg.

Also, penis.

6. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

In religion, there is no word for evolution. Its only found in science, especially Biology sector of science. Also, evolution is only a theory, not a law, cause its not yet proven.

In the same point of the chicken being a "evolutionary hybrid", what is the 2 or more parents of the chicken? I'm really curious.

7. dragomasta

dragomasta Member

Brilliant. As for what you have to say though Natewlie, it is definitely true that this question wasn't created to analyze, but is it not only human to be curious of what seems impossible to answer? DO THE IMPOSSIBLE SEE THE INVISIBLE; ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!

Debate (n.) - a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints

Usually between these two viewpoints, there is no clear "answer"; like "Is abortion humane?", "Gay marriage?", etc. Also, you answered the wrong question. The question is "Which came first? The Chicken or The Egg?", and frankly, "There's no meaning." is NOT a operable answer in this case. I think it's a serious question, though. It wasn't made by your science teacher to trip you up or anything, this is a serious question; there is no such thing as a stupid question. It's reason for existence is because people want to know. Human curiosity has brought us far; we've derived countless formulas, created plane wings that structurally resemble an emulate the wings of birds, made it into the dark abyss of space, and not to mention inventing the iPhone.

Can't argue with that; I really felt the emotion you wove together into the silken fabric of that sentence... or... fragment...

Getting back to the topic at hand, I believe that the egg came first. In ordinance with evolution, this would simply have to be the case. The chicken couldn't have just popped out of nowhere and decided it would be hilarious to crap out eggs and create a one of those picture in a picture paradoxes with eggs. It had to develop and evolve, and where else do organisms develop and mutate in besides eggs? It's kind of like birth defects that are spread like heck. Seriously, even human females have sex cells called "eggs", so even if you say that laying eggs was an adaption, when the origin bacteria of the pre-chicken organisms began in the primordial soup, it evolved into "egg" cells. EGG cells, bub. And when the first feathered-creature to be classified as chicken first developed, you'll never guess what kind of cell they were. Evolution takes awhile, it doesn't happen within a lifetime of a chicken.

From a religious point of view, God created the chicken to lay the egg, but we are faced with the same dilemma. Did God just decide that it would be hilarious for chickens to crap out eggs that turned into them? What about disease, Miley Cyrus, and Justin Bieber? Pfft.

Also, Wang.

damanali is asking for the two parents are. I think he's talking about something inter-species-ish stuff. Eww. I think there are videos of people doing that with horses or something; where are our Minotaurs and Centaurs? Obviously, it was a mutation or a defect, which was beneficial for survival, so it was passed down; a perfect example of survival of the fittest.

While I'm at it, Schlong.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

i thought it was obvious.
    dinosaurs were laying eggs before the chicken even evolved

9. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

and i dont think there's anything in the bible about god creating dinosaurs though i may be wrong, ive only read "Revelations" because i was told it was cool which it kinda was haha

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

To be fair, religion is nothing but a big theory. There is zero proof that anything actually happened. As I'm someone that appreciates science and especially proof, I'm about as religious as a rock. All because a book says "God created everything" doesn't make it true. Remember, don't hold double standards.

One last little thing, evolution is proven to a point. There isn't quite enough proof for it to be the "law of evolution", but it is certainly more proven then any religion.

11. msg2009

actually there is.
    they are just called behemoths and other names because the word dinosaur wasn't invented till modern times

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Dragonmasta, I have no clue who the hell you are. But you're a cool guy.

And dicklips.

13. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

someone didnt understand how evolution works.

isnt Charles Darwin a priest? or used to be one.

scientist have conducted countless of experiment on bacteria to test evolution, everytime it show natural selection has taken place and make the bacteria stronger. which is the key for evolution.

scientist have collection and studies countless fossils, which they found a link to every differ sample which suggested evolution have taken place. This collection of fossils is know as the fossil record.

scientist have done similar studies on DNA and found a similar link, supporting the find in fossil studies.

despite all that, you believe those who believe in a book who suggest all who work on sunday are to stoned to death, selling your daughter to slavery is o.k and self mutilation are path to heaven.

14. damanali

Despite all of those scientific stuff you said, I have just one question about it:

Where is the Chicken and the egg?

15. msg2009

the egg is in my sandwich

16. calvin_0

evolution dont happen over night. you dont live long enough to actual see evolution to take place on complicated living being. But scientist have proven natural selection existed because bacteria breeding rate to so fast, it only take hours to evolves. Without natural selection, evolution cant take place.

If you want scientist to show your Chicken and Egg, i suggest you start looking for the fountain of youth, otherwise you are most likely die before the experiment ended.

17. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Harry Potter style answer (Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?)
    None, a circle has no beginning.
    Of course, this is false.

18. damanali

[​IMG]

Never mind...found it.

Fountain of Youth? What a stupid suggestion for a chicken and egg debate. Nowhere is it related to the debate.

Well, if an egg floats on that fountain, then it could be considered.....but no.

19. calvin_0

ya, troll away.

20. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

i'll agree with this because its so long, i got bored reading it... ;D
    kidding... this is by far the best explanation scientifically... this is what i had in mind but seeing he explained it way better than i can, ill just quote it... ::)