1. This forum is in read-only mode.

where could I buy a self-powered USB hub in the Phil. in metro manila?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gagosmaster, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Try the ones Damanali recommended:

2. gagosmaster

gagosmaster Well-Known Member

Or maybe you know what I can do to fix my PC because when I connect a flash drive it freezes I waited for hours but it still doesn't unfreeze. I asked some people they said I need a self-powered USB hub. I already reformatted my PC but it still happened.

3. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Ehem.
    Trinoma and SM are both stores in Metro Manila, or Quezon City.
    I just realized that he is in Pasay, so scratch that.
    And his username...

4. gagosmaster

gagosmaster Well-Known Member

Made up my name I can think of anything

5. will1008

I think:
    gagos = fool
    master= master?
    Try eBay Philippines
    Or I found one but it is international.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

There are worse :p

Some time ago some other Filipino RomUlation member used Tagalog words for non PG-13 words as their username. And to be honest "Gago" is not even that nasty as its meaning does mean fool. And people often tell others in English that you are a fool or foolish so no big deal really. Now if it were high level curse words, that's another story.

And oh, as I interpret it, his username could be re worded as "King of Fools" & that's not really such a threatening bad name.

7. will1008

P.I?

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Hey gagosmaster, instead of purchasing a self-powered USB Hub, why not just upgrade your PC's Power Supply as others suggested on that similar thread of yours?

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

a power supply would cost more, it would be a more involved job to fit and depending on his computer may not be worth it, or might not even be possible (if its prebuilt by a company like dell or gateway that use nonstandard components).

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

If his computer is the typical "choose your own PC components & build it yourself" kind most of us in the country uses then there is hope.

Off topic comment:

I just love going to my favorite PC shop & seeing the technicians build the computers whose components the customers personally selects right in front of them in only a matter of minutes. I know by now I too should be able to do that, but I'm just too darn scared of getting electrocuted or f*cking up inserting pins & such & breaking stuff as I go.

11. Loonylion

its 12V, you wouldnt even feel it.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

12V? I often get stung when I carelessly touch the back panel of my computer whenever I insert a USB device at the rear sockets when I insert it while the computer is running & it hurts LOL! That's why when I need to use a USB device I often plug it in before I start the PC up to avoid the stinging.

I think I'm a bit sensitive to electricity. When I was in Sixth grade & we were making those "build it yourself radio" kits in Science class & we were using a current tester one of my classmates pulled a prank on me. He clipped the tester onto my arm & the needle registered a high ampere reading. We were a bit surprised that he then "tested" other classmates but I was the only one who registered that high. We informed our teacher & he said that I might have a risk of passing electricity easier in me, meaning I might feel more pain than others would if we were to be subjected to electrocution shock. I don't know if it's true though, but as I said I feel the sting from touching the back of my PC & it hurts.

EDIT:

Why not plug it in the front then? You might ask, well the front USB port on my Rig doesn't work.

13. Loonylion

if you're getting shocked from the computer case there's something wrong with the computer.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Not the case per se, the panel that serves as a cover for the plugs & ports at the back. Hmm... I seem to be not making any sense. What I'm talking about is that small metallic piece that often comes with your motherboard that serves as a cover for this part:

[​IMG]

To make it flush & look like this:

[​IMG]

Also, it used to be that you would get shocked if you touch the side of the case were the motherboard was seated. The guys at the shop I frequent found out that the board was seated extremely close to that side panel & what they did was to loosen it up a bit & give it some space/gap, now that side doesn't get grounded (I'm sorry if my use of grounded may be different from what you know off, but here it often means a piece of metal giving off electrical static/shocks or jolts often cause by poor wiring) anymore & I can touch it safely.

15. Loonylion

you ground it, thats why it shocks you. grounding is the process of connecting to earth (ground)