1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's your opinion with the China based online shop ?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by GoldenSun550, Jan 28, 2011.

1. GoldenSun550

GoldenSun550 Member

Why would you order from dealextreme or other china/Hong kong based online shop ?

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Totally legit pieces of hardware. Like totally real, non-fake PSPs and real iPhones.

3. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Well, its a so and so situation when dealing with them. I love chinese goods because they are cheap, but i like buying it from the person than an online store, mostly if it has metal in it. Like for bags, it has metal zipper, right? I think its made of lead because mine mostly breaks off easily. If you buy it online, it would be a hassle to have a exchange of product, but if you meet him in person, its easy to have a negotiation.

Also, most of the time, the things that their websites say they have on stock are actually non-existent or out of stock. Thats why most of the time, they say its the shipping that takes long before the goods arrives to you, with the customs problem and stuff, but in actuality, when you order, they talk to the factory and gives them your orders and they built it, when its done after 2-3 days, they ship it.

Try smelling the goods when it arrives, especially plastic stuff, and compare it to the factory-just produced, its smells exactly the same, and sometimes, when it has paint, its still wet.

Sources:
    -Personal experience. Been to china myself, seen it happen.
    - Chinese supplier turned friends of mine.
    - Go to alibaba.com and see how those chinese factories offering products by bulk and how long it takes to produced such items.

Recommendation for buying online things from chinese suppliers:
    1.) You get what you paid for. If you buy cheap, it was done cheap. If it breaks easily, don't bash the person who sold you that unless it has warranty.
    2.) Read carefully the warranty of the product. Most chinese goods have warranties that last only a few months, cause it should only work for a few months. Nothing last forever.

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I've ordered from DX. Look, to be blunt, don't expect great quality. Don't buy expensive shit from them, it'll be shitty knockoffs. I bought a Triwing screwdriver and a DS Lite casing, and they work fine - although with that in mind you do notice the quality difference. My friend's bought a butane lighter off there, and there are some good gems. It's hit-and miss, though.

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

1.Because there is no shop like that in my city
    2.Cheap
    3.Why not

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Because it's the only place where I can buy an 8$ cheap-o MP3 player with micro sd card support.

7. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I live by an american shop run by a chinese person.

Double whammy.

'cept he only sells iphone/itouch/ipad accessories.