1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's Your Favorite Quote?

Discussion in 'Forum Games, Jokes & Random' started by Prectorian, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

“To Forgive The Terrorists Is Up To God, But To Send Them To Him Is Up To Me.” – Vladimir Putin

[​IMG] I want Putin to star the next James Bond movie. :p

2. 1bcdefgh

1bcdefgh Well-Known Member

3. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

"Death to all who oppose me!"
    -Shadow the Hedgehog,
    [Gamecube] Shadow The Hedgehog (2005)

4. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

"Smooth seas do not yield skillful sailors"-African proverb

5. DaSiofthra

DaSiofthra Active Member

right here:

6. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

does this count ?

Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know about fear?
    Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep.
    Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides for years
    and children are born and live and die, all in darkness.
    That is the time for fear, my little lord.
    -Old Nan

[​IMG]

7. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

"Guns don't kill people, I do."
    -the postal dude,
    [PC] Postal 2 (2003)

8. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

In my humble opinion, I think that's a load of horseshit written in an ephemeral, philosophical font.
    or more colloquially, "sugarcoated bullshit".

9. im so fly

im so fly New Member

"The syllogism he had learned from Kiesewetter’s Logic: ‘Caius [Julius Caesar] is a man; men are mortal; therefore Caius is mortal,’ had for all his life seemed to him correct as applied to Caius, but certainly not as applied to himself. That Caius—man in the abstract—was mortal was perfectly correct, but he was not Caius, not an abstract man, but a creature quite, quite apart from all others. He had been little Vanya, with a mama and a papa, with Mitya and Volodya, with toys, a coachman and a nurse, then, afterwards, with Katenka and with all the joys, griefs and ecstasies of childhood, boyhood and youth. What did Caius know of the smell of that striped leather ball that Vanya had so loved? Had Caius kissed his mother’s hand like that, and did the silk of pleats in her dress rustle that same way for Caius? Had he rioted like that at the School of Law when burnt pastry was served? Had Caius been in love the way he had? Could Caius preside at a judicial session the way he could? Caius really was mortal, and it was right for him to die; but for me, little Vanya, Ivan Ilyich, with all my thoughts and emotions, it’s altogether a different matter. And it just cannot be that I ought to die. That would be altogether too horrible"
    -Death of Ivan Ilyich, Tolstoy.

I don't really like this translation, but the really passage resonates. Not many think that they would die.