1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's wrong with Xbox 360 internal clock??

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by rpgirl, Feb 22, 2010.

1. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I don't know whether it's just me or anyone having the same problem as me regarding the XBOX 360 clock??? Do I need to change the time and date of the clock setting in the deshboard menu everytime I on my console?? Cause it seems to reset by itself whenever you off it and needs to be configured every time....other wise it will be always 22/1/2005. Why is this...is it normal?? I don't understand.. Oh I don't go online just for the info.

Does it interfere with the game saves if you don't adjust the clock?? Does it make your saves unreadable or data lost somehow?? Please someone tell me? Thank you.

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

The only time it does that is if you unplug it from the wall or have a power outage or something. No idea why they couldn't manage to get an internal clock battery or whatever to avoid having to fix it every time the power dies but that's basically it.

Hooking it up to xbox live fixes it automatically though so they might just be assuming that anyone with the console has an internet connection too. :p

3. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Oh, I use a stabilizer for my Xbox 360, I mean I plug the power on it..does it explain why whenever I off the console, the clock setting goes back to factory setting?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Even unplugging it wouldn't cause the clock to reset. Unless maybe it was unplugged for a long time (even then I don't think it would).

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

either theres no backup battery or its dead. Usually clock batteries are user replacable, but given microsoft's attitude I wouldn't risk it. send it in for a repair.

6. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

oh dear...I just got this one week ago...sighed..I have read about people having the same issue, I guess I need to send it back..btw, does being modded has anything to do with this??

7. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

Probably.
    The modder may have wrecked something by accident.

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

Mine was never modded and it does that.

Mind you, when I unplugged all the other times, it was unplugged for a few hours so that might've had something to do with it.

9. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, I thought something is wrong with mine, got a lot of different feedback from people, but I think that's the norm..my xbox 360 stays...:)