1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whats the meaning of life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stirgo1212, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I really don't think that scientists would conclude that the universe was created by a god.

And I don't really condone using "god" as a proper noun. Generally, capitalizing the G in "god" refers to the Christian god, but there are a dozen other major religions with gods and deities with their own names. So I would say "a god" or "gods" to refer to deities from all religions. Then the phrase "god" can be replaced with anything.

The universe was created by God. (Christianity)
    The universe was created by Allah. (Islam)
    The universe was created by Brahma. (Hinduism)
    The universe was created by Ahura Mazda. (Zoroastrianism)
    The universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. (Pastafarianism)
    The universe was created by the Big Bang. (Science)

Take your pick.

2. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

I urge you guys to watch the documentary Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed by Ben Stein where both sides of this issue are covered in depth. Great flick and it is not prejudiced to either side of the debate. ;)

@ Moderasian, I was speaking about the God of the Hebrew and Christian Bible. :D

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

that is a creationist film, it is full of lies so no it does not fight from both sides. it is creationist bull hooey to distort real understanding of anything.

next you'll be telling me to look at a ray comfort video

4. darkphire

darkphire Active Member

The meaning of life is to serve disney
    trust me you'll see in 2012

5. Jiminy Crickets

You've watched it before?

6. equitypetey

no and i don't particularly want to watch it.

why would i want too it's creationist rubbish did you miss the big scandal that surrounds this?

7. Jiminy Crickets

No but I seen the movie. Thought it was pretty good.

8. equitypetey

that's because it supported your world view if it had been factual you might not have liked it so much

9. Born2killx

The film already sounds preposterous.

10. Jiminy Crickets

Hey whatever guys, I ain't going to argue about it any more. You believe what you want and I will believe what I want. To each his own. :D But I still urge you to watch it to see what all the controversy is about. :D Any how, neither of us is going to convince each other of anything here. So peace out. :D

11. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

and stupid...

I got it, what if the universe is just a big ball and we are just going around it?

(motorcyclers in a ball)
    [​IMG]

it just looks infinite because we are smack dab in the middle of it (flat earth theory)...

if you don't believe the universe is a ball check it with this... is the sun a sphere? the earth? are most asteroids oblong spherical?

I believe what started the universe was potential... it can be described numerically, physically, emotionally, mentally and all the other -lly's that I can think of.

I believe the universe started with potential

12. Born2killx

The Earth isn't a sphere. It's an oblate spheroid. :p

13. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

whatever it's a sphericaloid, but do you get my reasoning?

14. Jiminy Crickets

Lol, I think you are just creating your own reality as you go along but that's cool. Like I said, "to each his own." :D

15. sickgenocide

sickgenocide Active Member

if you believe in all your logical crap, why isnt anymore evolution taking place? why are monkeys still the same? why arent humans evolving? how did the universe begin? why are only humans the ones that are like this? in the end all you have are guesses and probabilities. and if you believe your crap, whats the purpose of getting married and having kids and family? your only gonna lose it right? whats the point? you claim me to be ignorant for believing in god. it is you who are ignorant.
    Post Merge: [time]1262529201[/time]
    i felt the holy spirit of god by praying in faith, reading and studying the scriptures, following the commandments, and repenting and trying to be better. i know god exists, i used to be a missionary in tokyo for 2 years sharing the gospel of jesus christ, and i seen so much hapiness and peace in the lives of many japanese people. i have a testimony of jesus and god. you cant tell me what sugar tastes like if you only eaten salt. well, spiritually speaking, i tasted sugar, and its sweet!

16. melleopberg

melleopberg Well-Known Member

Dunno maybe nutin... or eatin:D

17. equitypetey

i don't see anyone calling you ignorant so whats with the rant?
    talk about hostility!

evolution is taking place we see new species all the time humans too we look and have a different physique then we did even a few hundred years ago, our intelligence is getting greater, our body's are changing shape.

also if you understood evolution you'd also know why evolution has slowed, basically if you look at evolution, what started was lots of wonderful and weird creatures all different all mad crazy looking then these attributes get refined and simplified until a set of attributes is fit for a purpose.

and not to get in to the argument of evolution verses creation but it's not guesses, gravity you could call a guess made on working mathematical equations but evolution is the most supported most proven and known to be undeniable fact thing ever so whether you think god did it or not you'll have to believe he invented evolution because we know it happened and its not explained in ambiguous parables.

ok lets say your right and god created it all why did he create an entire universe just for us?

and as i have tried to say there is purpose out side god so don't look down upon me because i'm without meaning without god in fact i'd say mine is richer.

i am not owned by god, i am free and so is my will.
    my happiness is my own, the good i do is done because i want to be good and not to be in favor of god.
    you ask what the purpose of marriage and kids are without god well they mean more, i marry because it shows my undying love to someone not because god told me to, i have kids because that is what out bodies are designed (i use the term loosely) to do.
    and why if it all ends? because there is an end! why should i give up because it's going to be all over in a lifetimes time i'm going to live it thank you very much.

and i'd never say your ignorant for the belief in god and nor should anyone else, your called ignorant because you listen to lies over fact, you dismiss proof because it goes against belief, because like nearly all Christians of the earth you have completely missed the point of anything jesus said, because you are so wrapped up in living for god that you forgot to live for your self.
    i could go on all day.

also why do you assume all us atheist devils don't understand belief, i like most where raised christian, all my schools where church of England schools, i have grown up with Jesus in my life and it sucked, i tasted your sugar and it was bitter.
    all i saw was people distorting realty. i've always asked questions and god could never answer them without lying to me.
    it was sad watching people attribute all that is great in there lives to god when it was there own making.

i am so much happier without him and my life has so much more reason and my life is so much more worth living and i won't fear the end i will only welcome it because i will have lived my life enriching it and experiencing as much as i can before i go.

18. Jiminy Crickets

I only got one sentence to comment on all of that equitypetey.

You'd better hope your right because If your right and we are wrong then all is fine and dandy but if you are wrong and we are right then Lord have mercy on your soul because as the Bible says "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth".

19. Reider

Reider Modereider

Well, if it turns out that god exists and all that heaven and hell stuff are there too I can tolerate the hell I'll undoubtedly go to since I keep hearing about how awesome their ice cream is. :p

I just roll with whatever gets thrown my way.

20. Jiminy Crickets

Rev 14:11 reads, "And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever."
    Hay if you can live with that, torment for all eternity then all the power to ya buddy.