1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whats the meaning of life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stirgo1212, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

Well the way I look at it is, God is like your earthly father. He tells you what to do and you may not like it but it is for your own good. Your father puts a fear in you that if you disobey you will be punished. God's comands are not greviouse. Every one of them is just and for our own good. He is also a just God and must punish those who do not obey his law just like an earthly judge must punish all of those who disobey earthly laws.

I respect your beliefs equtiy and thanks for respecting mine. :D

2. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

but that is a horrible theology that we must obey or be hurt, divine right or not that's mean.

am i bad? i do all the good things the bible teaches more so then most religious people but am i still to be punished because i don't believe in or love god? am i to suffer as a good man kind, loving and giving person just because i don't love my thrust upon creator?

it saddens me that you think people should suffer for not loving god even though they are good in their harts.

and my father thought me that me that i will not be punished but must live the consequences of my actions and it has been a much more enlightening experience then to be punished for my wrongs.
    i have learned my mistakes and struggled through the after math i sleep in the bed i lay as it is to learn not only about life but from life.
    i am good not because i'm told to but because it is how i would like to be.

i have not so much the issue with your believe but where you take your inspiration from. don't love your god in fear, if you choose to love him you should love him because you want to.

and i love my son and always will unconditionally and will not ever cause him to suffer, it is not my right, nor anybodies divine or not. he will make his own path i am no more then a guide as god should be. take the good not bad.

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

See?
    This is how proper logic works. Somebody Christian can't really follow logic properly hence why they are religious.

4. sickgenocide

sickgenocide Active Member

you being a bigger man should read your previous post, cuz you sound rather stupid calling me the things u did. shows how ignorant u really are, and how little you are willing to understand others.

5. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

To enjoy the world outside :)

6. sickgenocide

sickgenocide Active Member

i dont love god out of fear, i love him for all that he has done for me. i love him cuz he loves me to. I said nothing about 'FREE' anything. agency is the ability to chose. people chose to kill people, bad things happen. u blame god for not doing anything about it? if he had to step in and stop a crazy guy, that would be denying that mans agency. gods not at fault for anything, man is, and satan is to for trying to tempt. i do not believe that you will go to hell for not following god.
    Post Merge: [time]1262240644[/time]
    if we are good, isnt that all that matters then? it wouldnt be fair if u went to hell for not believing in god. god in my eyes is just and merciful. you are good because you chose to be. that makes u a good man i say, and i strongly believe u will have a happy life in heaven, even if u dont believe god, you were a good person and thats all that matters. i understand that it is more then hard to believe in god. i think god knows that to, thats why his love is for all, not just believers.

7. Jiminy Crickets

“The natural (unredeemed) man receiveth not the things of the (holy) Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned”. 1 Corintians 2:14

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

8. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

ooh, I believe that the meaning of life is DEATH... before you start to throw your mouse at the screen let me iterate my ideal...
    ( I explained this in class and I got a few "your a dumbass" looks from the class)

*clears throat*

Death is the meaning to life; if death is the extreme opposite of life, doesn't that give life its meaning? Death has a funny way of making one look upon his life and the lives of others. If a friend of yours or one of the family is going to die, wouldn't you try to make time to spend with them? wouldn't you try to spend as much time with them until they pass away?

what if it were you?

would you go out and do what you have never done? would you say what is on your mind, what you would not normally say? or would you just sit in that hospital bed looking outside until your heart stops beating?

no? didn't think so. you would try to make the sunsets mean something.

death is the meaning to life for it gives others space, a tree dies in the forest to give a future sapling room and nourishment to grow, everything is recycled in a timely manner. without death there would be overpopulation and an ever dwindling amount of resources as its inhabitants struggle to secure its "piece of the pie".

my friends, we are happy for a birth and sad for a death, but life and death is as natural as the sun rising and setting or your own breathing, we might be able to prolong it by chasing it or holding it, but the sun still sets and you have to breathe again, there is no way to stop it. so you might feel sad when the day is over but remember... always remember...

... the sun always rises on you, and you're still breathing right?

(besides, if you know you would see an infinite amount of sunsets, they wouldn't mean much now would they?)

9. Jiminy Crickets

Nice, you should make it into a poem or something. :D

10. satori

satori Member

ah...life is to live and learn, fight our problems and better ourselves....then we repeat this for a few lives until we know enough to move on to a greater realm. that is what I think...though 42 does sound good...

11. Altarius95

Altarius95 Well-Known Member

There is no meaning to life. Alot of stuff happened millions/billions of years ago, and here we are. That's how I see it.

I try to ignore this sort of stuff tbh.

12. Jiminy Crickets

So if something did happen a million billion years ago like the big bang theory for instance, what was before that? What made the thing that went bang? And if it didn't have a creator, where did it come from?

13. equitypetey

what ever the answer doesn't matter because with that thought you'll never understand, the whole point is that no one created it.

the theory is not that it came from nothing, it is that it came from a singularity. a super high mass particle understood to be in the middle of every black hole and in the center of each galaxy (a super massive black hole).

without going to far in to it, it's like there was a universe already there before and went in to this singularity, became unstable and banged back out forming a universe and it's hard enough doing the math for that let alone answering your impossible to answer question.

and why do we need to have an obsession with something creating things, we have so many explanations showing that our universe formed not "poof there it is".

under the same logic should god have a creator, did a super god create your god? if a universe can't form naturally and needs divine creation does that divine being that can do that not need an even more divine being to create it?

14. redoperator

our own existence... think about it..

15. Jiminy Crickets

I don't know, I was just throwing that out there. Even though allot of the worlds top scientists are coming to the conclusion that a universe so precise which can be compared to a master time piece can't just form on its own and must have a master clock maker.

Watches don't form on there own.

16. redoperator

but natural sun-dials do

17. Jiminy Crickets

You must be joking. That in no way compares to the workings of a timepiece, lol.

18. redoperator

yeah, but still, what if all the things were just THERE... no start no end... it just exists?

19. Jiminy Crickets

Right, now you are on to something. I feel that in my own beliefs, not trying to push it on anyone but I have a feeling that this describes God. :D

20. equitypetey

the thing is, is you are comparing something that we know is a man made object.

it only supports that the universe was not created.
    think a clock is perfectly designed to do it's job, the universe on the other hand is not perfect.
    there are many things that are not perfect in fact many are not very efficient. for instance the creations love to say how the eye is perfect for it's job and must have been created but the truth is contrary to that but i'm not going in to far with that or it'll take way to long to explain and then get in to the argument of evolution.

but the point is if these things were created by a much more divine being then a lowly clock maker, why did he not make every creation to be perfect or operate at maximum efficiency?

i've not heard a scientist say this, philosophers maybe, a scientist comparing the complexity of hundreds of cogs working together harmoniously to how the laws of nature work possibly but not said in any context that would imply creation by a higher being