1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whats the meaning of life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stirgo1212, Dec 1, 2009.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

Who knows? Have you tried living? I heard its a great way to find meaning in life.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

To quote loonylion from a post in "Forum Games, Jokes & Random" scetion:

The meaning of life is 42.

3. EmmaGebz

EmmaGebz Well-Known Member

To game and watch anime all day :)

....I wish :/

4. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

what is 42 i still don't get it.

5. r1motochick

r1motochick Well-Known Member

I found the meaning of life at 44! lol!

6. matty_34

matty_34 Member

The whole point of life as in living, can be simple or complex depending on your definition. If you boil it down to its bare bones, the only reason we live is to be alive long enough to pass on our genes and raise the next generation of our species. Then we are surplus to requirement and we die, there is no more use for the elderly, in that sense.

7. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

Shibuku_Dogenzaka Well-Known Member

I still think the meaning of life is something we discover as we live our lives. It's not something so easy that's just so easily defined. Everyone has their own take on what they think the meaning of life is about, and that's what everyone is really doing, giving their own definitions on the meaning of life. Everyone has their own meaning :]

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

there is a difference between The meaning of life and the meaning of your life

9. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

Like I said, The meaning of Life is a complex topic that involves various variables that can change what it's meaning is. This 'meaning' of life is different for everyone. I didn't specifically state what the meaning of your or my life is, the meaning of life is something people learn over time in their lives.

10. equitypetey

no as said by me and others, life is just for us to pass it on and keep our kind alive. nothing more nothing less and it's not complicated it's the simplest of things and looking for another meaning is purely theological and irrelevant to the obvious answer.

as for your meaning of your life, it is what ever the hell you want it to be.

i'm certainly not selfish enough to think that there is any other meaning to my life, i'm no different from any other organism.
    and my place in the universe is nothing, i am an insignificant speck in time and will make no contribution to anything of any magnitude as for the rest of the human race.

you say variables, ok name some

11. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

What you just said right now is your opinion, correct? Then it is your opinion, and others may share the same speculation. For me, i as well am not the only one who thinks this way, just as i once thought the idea of belonging was simple, with my studies i found through breaking down different ideas and ways it can be portrayed that it has a deeper meaning. Are you so unbelievably arrogant, that you cannot accept other peoples opinions? Where have i said that you were ever incorrect? If it's as simple as you say, then why isn't there an actual answer? Variables can include the fact that the meaning can depend on other's own definition, yes, it can be simple, but it can be complex, which all depends on who's definition the meaning of life comes from.

12. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

I can't believe that I am the only one here that understands that the meaning of life is to love the Lord our God with all are heart and all of our mind and all of our soul. :D

We are not insignificant specs in the universe. The Bible teaches that we are all unique and that the very hairs on our heads are counted. There is more to life than the time we spend hear on earth in the present. We will have life eternal and what we do with our life here and now is what will govern how we spend our eternal lives.

13. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

hey man thats your view...

lemme ask you guys a question why happens when we die?

14. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

That doesn't really apply to non-Christians so that can't be right.

Perhaps the question should be; What meaning does my life have?

15. Jiminy Crickets

Not only is it my view but it is the truth. Jesus is the Truth the shale set us free. :D

If you are christian, the Bible says that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
    Post Merge: [time]1260294602[/time]
    That is the meaning of a nonChristian's life as well, they just don't understand that and that is why they are nonChristian. They can't see the truth and are in darkness.

16. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I am not sure if a believer in a bronze age death cult is gonna be much help when it comes to the meaning of life. I think the OP was more interested in a bit of philosophy than being preached at.

17. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

that is not true, no one know's the true meaning to life or death. All of our answers can be true/wrong for all we know, you just choose to believe in the path of god. I don't believe or follow any religion, religion just leads us to believe in something to just bring closure. What i believe is that life/death can be anything we believe it to be for there is no truth to either...and arguing on who is right or wrong is pointless

18. Jiminy Crickets

Just sharing the truth, he can take it or leave it. Doesn't hurt to hear it. I pray that the Lord Jesus blesses you 1prinnydude. :D
    Post Merge: [time]1260295810[/time]
    Well if you are right than all is good but if you are wrong then...

I pray the Lord Jesus blesses you and your family. :D

19. Supie

Supie Well-Known Member

LOL to ur answer an ur gif.

20. equitypetey

no your missing the point again.

i'm not arrogant at all and understand that people have a difference of opinion but that's why i said ages ago it depends on what you want to hear.

on a biological level it is no different to any other organism.
    any other "meanings" are personal ideals that people attribute to their lives or a theological view passed on and taught to them (please see above posts to see a purely theological view.

and may i add that people not take this down the theological debate because it will get locked as when it comes to that it always turns in to a flame war. also people don't like being preached to so jimmy stop the "jesus is the truth" rubbish as it's your "truth" if you can call it that (people have been banned for preaching religion), pray all you like but do it elsewhere.