1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's the deal with people in a local forum wanting to meet up frequently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I get uncomfortable in social situations. Ergo, I tend to avoid them as much as possible.

My mom says not to meet people from the Internet in real life. :p

2. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

I once went to a Metal-head meet, travelled through half of the country and when i arrived at the meeting place, there was just this bunch of 15-year olds who listened to Cradle of Filth. They behaved like totally different people then they were on the forums... And because i was the only 18 year-old there, they wanted me to buy them beer and one girl said:" Buy me a beer and i'll sleep with you".

I just turned around went by foot to the next big city, got on a train and cancelled my account on that forum.

But i also have a nice experience, my friend from Germany(whom i've met on a social forum) came to visit me a few times, she even brought her boyfriend with her--> that guy just kicks ass! We had alot of fun, we watched RE: Apocalypse and i swear i've never heard a girl having such outrageous comments about the movie. Her bf was facepalming and he was so ashamed that he couldn't speak.

I'd like this to happen more often :D

3. BL4CKB34RD

BL4CKB34RD Well-Known Member

One good reason to meet up is so you can drink beer (or rum for them pirates) with each other.

Yeh brings a tear teh me eye! Truer wurds ner been a spoken. Oi'll brings teh rum, K?

An' nomercy, oi loves yer Stand Alone Complex sig. Noice. Very noice.

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Lol@Luk7nk4

Sounds funny dude and the girl... Some strange people out there...

5. Luk7nk4

@ CJ

You should really visit the czech republic, it's a goddamn freakshow :(

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Czech R aye? I might visit one day...

7. Luk7nk4

Bring weapons and a squad to defend yourself though.

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I'm probably too fast for most people to catch me, the guys who can run super fast aren't usually the bad guys ya see, it's usually slow druggies that cause trouble

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Same goes for me...

Anyways, wanna have a RomUlation meet up? xD

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well I know I don't, i'm too busy with exams

11. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'm already on summer :p

12. nyaonyao

nyaonyao Member

I attend playdates with other DS owners. I make sure we meetup at public places tho~ There are games you can play using local wifi that are very entertaining! FFCC: Ring of Fates being my favorite.

I try not to have "mental faces" of forum people since that almost always leads to disappoinment. Besides why would that even matter? Well foine~! If you were expecting a hawt gamer chick and end up with a bearded 30-year old bum that could be a real concern but then shame on you if you had a different agenda~! X3

13. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

One of the largest problems for me is
    a) You won't recognise people without a name-tag or something (I cosplayed as my avvie once and everyone knew it was me :p (it was this one though))
    b) More then half of them turn out to be 8 and 30 year olds >.<

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Fun fact: My husband started talking to me over the internet first time ever and ended up asking me out over the internet, neat, huh? Although we knew of eachother before but same premise.. ish.

I don't know if I'd do it. I'm not really close to anyone in this forum but I'd like to meet a few others from other forums, it'd be fun, I'd imagine. Although I'm sure they'd be surprised by me, I'm almost polar opposite to my online persona unless you know me quite personally. Meaning: I'm shy until you really know me. fun yay. That and they'd have to go through my kids and find a way to the desolate place of northern Alberta.

15. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I met my girlfriend at a local forum :) . So, I have nothing bad to say about it here :p . When you're talking LOCAL forums, then of course you're going to have get-togethers and meet-ups. They're usually a great way to spend weekends or holidays, spending time with people who are of the same interest. They are usually different from your perceptions, but that's what makes it exciting.

Word of warning: don't get raped :p

16. nyaonyao

nyaonyao Member

@Natewlie

Same here! I'm quite shy at first. :p

---
    "don't get raped."

Tru dat~!

---
    I met with my MMORPG guildmates years ago. I'm glad I did. We're still good friends until now. It has been more than 5 years! ^^

17. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Lol, watch out for people on MMORPG's... Alot of mentalist obcessive people go on them things.
    I'm in a friendly guild on Perfect World but some people send bad messages when they learn you have good items

18. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

ummmm how common is this

19. nyaonyao

nyaonyao Member

It doesn't happen everytime but it does happen. Just remember to meet somewhere in public~ Not at a motel! X3 0h and buy your own food and drink~

20. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

@Kamage

romulation meet ups aye

hey i noticed many of the active forum posters are from the philippines...