1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's the best antivirus?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by Reemr, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Hitman Pro ( for free ), you can download him, just search at www.google.com, thesame story for Advanced Systemcare and if you want to BUY a good one, choose McAfee.
    The first two are very good, i promise, with downloading, there are no viruses...
    ( Sorry, from bad English, I'm from the Netherlands (Dutch)..)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

McAfee is only marginally better than norton, and they're both owned by symantec. the best one you can buy is probably eset nod32.

3. pat raimondo

pat raimondo Member

couldnt have said it better, except to add, AVG SCAN EVERYTHING U DOWNLOAD, except roms from here!!! they are allways legit!!!! AVG free and Spybot search and destroy is a good combo!!

4. M1keDaMasta

M1keDaMasta New Member

Avira AntiVir IMO

5. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I use now antivir and a combination of spybot search and destroy... its good and free.

6. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

i've been using avg since the stone age, it works well i guess, i dont have much experience in many others... My buddy uses kaspersky but he says it slows down his machine, but his machine is old and craptastic. I also have a combo of adaware and spybot for my spyware issues.

Generally i never have an issue with viruses, cause im just careful at what i download... But sometimes shit happens and you need that antivirus to help ya out.

7. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

Avast is easy to use!

8. pb89baller

pb89baller Member

I use Norton and I really don't see what wrong with it, I download stuff a lot from internet and limewire and my computer is running perfectly, I've looked at the scan history and seen that it has blocked a couple of trojans among other things.

9. Loonylion

norton interferes badly with your computers operation (uses a lot of resources and slows it down, and is very difficult to remove; both significant characteristics of virii.) It has a very poor detection rate and an even worse disinfection rate.

10. casper1910

casper1910 Well-Known Member

Avira, and Mcaffe are the best ones in my opinion.

11. Loonylion

mcafee has a high rate of false positives (detecting clean files as viruses). In terms of detection rates (actual viruses) and disinfection rates, its better than norton.

12. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Panda's CloudAntivirus has been getting some publicity recently. Worth a look especially if you are using an older computer as it uses very little resources. http://www.cloudantivirus.com/

13. silverstriker77

silverstriker77 Active Member

NOD32 Data was infected by a virus. i guess panda antivirus, kaspersky, or trend micro cilin

14. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

What did you mean by that??

15. Loonylion

he probably downloaded a compromised version of it.

16. silverstriker77

silverstriker77 Active Member

17. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm using a legitimate one and no virus, I even downloaded some other anti-virus programs and anti-spyware if they'll intercept anything but nothing came up, even a complete scan...

18. aaaaaaa7

aaaaaaa7 Well-Known Member

AVG No Doubt.

19. elk1007

elk1007 Well-Known Member

Is it ok to post links to torrents? I forget.

20. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Lately, I've been using cmd to delete files. I downloaded some .mov converter and it ended up screwing up my computer and it wouldn't delete so I had to do it manually. AVG wouldn't even detect it.