1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's the best antivirus?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by Reemr, Mar 15, 2008.

1. medostix

medostix Active Member

i agree with odink avira the best

2. Shadow Kyzer

Shadow Kyzer Member

i would kinda say avira haven't had any problem yet

3. ericling

ericling Member

Avira and AVG is ok!

4. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Get the full versions off torrentz, thats what i do.

5. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

From my experience Avira is the best performing and least resource hogging for a free one . AVG is not bad, but the memory usage and detection rate could use some work. Avast! gives me noticeable random slowdowns. I acquired a NOD32 license from a university promotion and so far, it's VERY light and the detection rate is damn good. One gripe, it makes my laptop slow to a crawl for the first few minutes of starting up.

6. HellBoyX1000

HellBoyX1000 Well-Known Member

But NOD32 is good otherwise... That startup slowness is worth it... Best Protection Yet

7. medostix

medostix Active Member

hey never get a hacked version of antivirus if the company detects you the damn thing does some crap to your computer.My friend has experienced.

8. spslavan

spslavan Guest

Suppose Nod32 to be the best antivirus,all the more the 4th version has been released.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not true.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well since the "hacked" anti-virus application was downloaded from a torrent site, maybe the application was laced with a virus that's why when his friend installed it, the program seemed to have messed his system up, when infact a packaged virus was the real culprit.

11. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Currently, I'm using NOD32 on all my computers. It's easy on resources and seems to detect whatever I've thrown at it so far.

12. Mechawyvern

Mechawyvern Member

AVG 8.5 is what I currently use. Dont know if its the best, but I've never had a problem.

13. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I have the free version of AVG, its pretty good... my dad pays for his AVG but thats because he wants the extras it comes with

14. St_Rawberry

St_Rawberry Member

I hate NOD32...I could not remove that antivirus at all. Had to get an uninstaller to uninstall it but then files still wouldn't go away. Had to run in Safe mode just to remove those stubborn files.

I like Avira the best, except the when you get some pop-ups if you use the free version promoting their paid versions.

15. vincent_aik

vincent_aik Member

I like Avira

16. elk1007

elk1007 Well-Known Member

I've been using BitDefender for a year and like it a lot.

17. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

I have a hacked anti-virus.....for quite some time actually......never had any problems with it. I also have unlimited access to all the latest virus definitions as they are written and I never have to worry about having to pay for updates either.

18. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

What is better, a pay anti-virus/Antispyware/other anti, or a pay one?
    Well, my anti-virus is nearing expiration of its trial period and i will be promted to buy their product, so, should i buy it or just torrent it?

I'm using Avira antivir personal

And another question does the anti-virus/anti-spyware/firewall/ other anti's, affects/affected by the microsoft updates?

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

free ones are generally perfectly adequate for a home user. just because you have to pay for an antivirus package does not necessarily mean it is better than a free one.

antivirus/antimalware programs are completely independent of M$/Windows updates and neither should affect the other.

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

AVG free=cheap XD

My mum had norton, but...it was complicated to update, at one point even though it was installed, it did nothing, thus I swapped her with viruses years ago :(

AVG is the only thing saving my laptop from crushing itself!