1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's the best antivirus?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by Reemr, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

never used AVG 8

2. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Well i use Kaspersky 2008,

i didnt buy it because im a "Freeloader" (using Loonyz Words :D) i got the security key hacked for me by someone called "OneWhoSigns" Or somthing around those lines, well the antivirus is good, Very good, it does everything and it does it quick, it takes of 25mb or 35mb (Something around those lines). iv never had problemds with this antivirus, iv used Avast, Norton, AVG all hacked exept for AVG because its free, and i didnt like em because there slow in some point or slows down my PC alot or takes so much Memory

3. Shuvo01

Shuvo01 Well-Known Member

Amen to that Blacks.KAV 2008 to do some serious Pwning.

4. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

Norton is back! It's clear Symantec has listened as the 2009 version is absolutely awesome. It doesn't eat your resources and it has really good detection rates (Source). 'Nuff said.

5. Loonylion

I want independent proof.

6. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

AVG doesn't slow me down... get more RAM...

7. n0thealthy

OK. Well, geek.com say it's the least annoying, lightest weight security package you’ve probably ever used (Review).

pcmag.com have made NIS 2009 their new "Editor's Choice", saying it's the best all-around security suite yet and that it's the slimmest, most unobtrusive Norton ever (Review).

Cnet say NIS 2009 has a leaner footprint, improved speed and superior protection technologies (Review).

And, AV-Comparatives' test shows Norton AV 2009 detected 97.9% of the 1mil malware samples it threw at it with few false postivies and a fast scanning speed. (AVC Test).

That enough proof for ya? ;D

8. Loonylion

NIS and NAV are not the same product...

9. n0thealthy

Yes, but the IS suite is the AV engine with a firewall and some other stuff, so it's highly unlikely the AV part alone would be different in terms of performance (and it isn't, I'm running it right now...).

Plus, AV-Comparatives tested the AV part alone.

EDIT: the CNET review is also for the AV alone, I made a mistake...

10. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

I use symantec. I can hear the scathing remarks already. I use a hacked version that gives me free updates forever. I like it just fine. It works very well, and has found and deleted, yes I said deleted, a few viruses that my spybot and ad aware + some others had missed. I've had no problems from it.......yet.

11. Loonylion

Spybot and ad-aware are not intended to find viruses. Malware is something entirely different.

12. Roy mustang

Roy mustang Well-Known Member

I use Spy Sweeper and it has never failed me

13. Loonylion

that is also not an antivirus.

14. Roy mustang

but whys it called Webroot AntiVirus?

15. Loonylion

spy sweeper and webroot antivirus are separate products. You may have a suite that combines both products.

16. Roy mustang

my mistake yup i have Webroot AntiVirus with antispyware

17. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

i downloaded AVG and it says data is corrupted... >.<

18. Loonylion

bad download then, it happens. delete the file and try again.

19. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Tried out AVG Free, and it works for me. :D

20. luster_shade

luster_shade Member

for me there is nothing really better than AVG 8.0 free, because its totally free, and it also has anti-spy ware, it is also awarded with may recommendation awards. :) :) :), try it believe me.