1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's the best antivirus?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by Reemr, Mar 15, 2008.

1. sepsep

sepsep Well-Known Member

my friend have a MSlive with crack... he is currently using it on his cafe

2. i use bitdefender total security 2008 and it works fine. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

ahh i guess pccillin is good (dont know if the name is right but its like that) i have that anti virus before my pc re formatted because of cpu break down

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You mean trend pcillon? I've heard good stuff from that. Just downloaded the AVG Internet Security 8.0 trial, it's really good. It has every kind of protection you can think of. I hope..

5. souap

souap Active Member

I use NOD32 and I gotta tell you it's pretty good... I don't think it slows down my computer at all... The scans are a bit long, but as I don't have anything to actually compare it with, I can't really tell...

6. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

My dad works at Schiphol (the airport of the Netherlands) and he got norton antivirus for free forever, although it has liveupdate, it can't remove the virusses it only blocks them

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Norton is crap...

8. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Basically, that is what i said.

9. ultra

ultra Guest

in what way is it bad?!

10. AetherMaster

AetherMaster Well-Known Member

Well, let's make a list:
    It takes up SO much memory, so it slows your computer
    It isn't very good at removing viruses. At all.
    When I installed it, it thought Windows was a virus, so it ate my OS and I had to reformat my computer. That made Norton lose my trust.

I'd go with Trend Micro Anti-Virus plus Anti-Spyware. It has given me no problems, and it uses very low memory. It's also excellent at removing viruses.

11. anandjones

I used to use Spybot Search and Destroy. It's okay, but I went to AVG since it's better.

12. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

BitDefender
    Nod32
    AVG

13. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Never had an issue with Kaspersky 6.0. I use AVG on my desktop though.

14. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

avg is most sertanly the best weighing up all the pro and cons of anti-virus programs and not to mention its free but there is a versionyou can buy, and that gives you a rather large security suit and it does not cost much.
    also i found tht haveing a good firewall helps if you get zonealarm thats petty good as it tells you when something is trying to access info or the internet or whaterver and you can deny it.

15. anandjones

The new AVG Internet Security has that as well, also has Email Checker and website checker for any viruses of any sort and much more.. I think the old version has that too, but it's much more advanced in 8.0.

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

main flaw with zonealarm is it can slow the machine down at times. Personally I use Sygate.

17. sepsep

sepsep Well-Known Member

err... how about that stupid VIRUSHEAT(i wish the creator of VIRUSHEAT will burn in hell!! A F$@%$% SCAM!!)

18. anandjones

VirusHeat is a virus program which acts like it is a anti-virus program, but it's a scam to get people's money. I had it installed on my computer once somehow. Do NOT get this.

19. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Spy Sweeper...it's not free...but it's good
    And it's an Anti-Virus and an Anti-Spyware

20. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

i never understood the current trend with anti-virus programs (that you have to pay for) where you pay £60 for x number of months of protection. i don't see the point in that at all, anti-virus programs arn't world of warcraft

AVG is a lifesaver