1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's the best antivirus?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by Reemr, Mar 15, 2008.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

We should all know that AVG is free, slow and slow on scanning!
    30,000 files scanned: 2 HOURS!!! = AVG
    300,000+ FILES SCANNED BY AVAST! 1 HOUR!
    i CURRENTLY USE AVAST BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME!

2. JayBlue

JayBlue Well-Known Member

Avast 4:Home edition
    It's one of the best ones around(I use this one,and i hasn't got any problem)
    It scan fast,everyday updates,detects viruses instantaneously,worth to donwload
    It only have one proble,Pc gets really slow when updating

3. forneus1942

forneus1942 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried many, but so far Kaspersky is a good antivirus (although I got some problem with some game protections, such as gameguard)

4. Sabri23

Sabri23 Guest

Nod32 = FTW

I tried a load off a/v progams but NOD32 is one of the best i'v ever tried in my life

If you need a free one i should get Avira

Don't get AVG

5. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 PWNS period.
    AVAST is okay but AVG is slow on scanning, really slow!

6. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

And it's cheap ^_^

7. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

O.O!
    Why not? AVG is good too. My school has NOD32, it works, but the teachers didn't find it a good idea to do just that antivirus method.

8. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Hi guys. I have trend Micro AntiVirus and I never had a problem, but I'm a bit confused? lol since it came with my computer.. so heres my question, does Trend Micro AntiVirus Really remove viruses? because I had norton before on my old comp last year and I kept getting viruses and it did nothing to remove them.. so does Trend micro AntiVirus really remove them? and I been reading through the thread and some of you say that it's good and I read that nod and avg are good as well, but which one of these three are really better at each catogory?

like space, scanning speed and so on! Also I know spyware is different but what would be a good one for this Trend Micro Antivirus progrom, soo they dont colide with each other, or does trend Micro also help with spyware?

Ohh and one more thing I heard Maleware Bytes is good, but whats it for? like viruses? or spyware? yeah I know stupid nob question again lol but since you guys know alot more and I trust you guys better then google.. I came here for advice instead.

Thanks in advance!

9. nabon

nabon New Member

avg is fast scaning the first time is slow but its looking waht not to scan second one is like 20-30 mins o.o

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Trend micro is good, yes.

Malwarebytes (as the name suggests) is an antimalware program. It will not do anything against virii and should be run in addition to an antivirus.

11. dragneon007

So I should use malewarebytes with my trend micro antivirus? what about a spyware program? which is a good one?
    maleware bytes?

Also should I replace my trend antivirus with AVG or nod?

EDITED
    thanks loony

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

spyware is a subset of malware, so malwarebytes will probably handle it.

if trend micro works for you there is absolutely no need to replace it.

13. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

If I remember Correctly, Hotmail used to use Trend Micro as a virus checker for users inbox.

14. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

I've used a lot of them, but one free that is so good and fast is the avira antivir
    Try it out.

15. dragneon007

Well. my Trend antivirus removes both Spyware and viruses? so should I still add malware bytes or some other Spyware remover?

16. sebastian122

sebastian122 New Member

I Use Avira,
    its easy and simple. i've used AVG but then i got some Virusses.
    My friend told me about Avira and since then my PC is ok.

17. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

i use Avira, AVG is so... unstable...

18. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

i use avira too but i'm not sure if it's the best, and sometimes i activate deepfreeze too but it's kind of annoying.