1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What's going on with the legendaries?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by awesomebros, Sep 19, 2010.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i think its so dumb how there are soo many legendary pokemons!!
    also, i prefare gen 1 and 2 pokemons, they get to cartoonish after that

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Some of the 1st and 2nd gen were a little cartoonish too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But this doesn't compete with now

3. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

pokemon were always cartoonish, especially compared with other monsters like digimon or yugioh or spectrobes et al. Pokemon always had a more cute n snuggly quality to them until recently.

4. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Is it just me? Or is there no pre-evolutions or evolutions for Pokemon in previous series? Every Pokemon gen had that until now....they introduce a bunch of Ben 10's aliens.

When I first saw Yooterii, I thought YES!!! a pre evolution of growlithe.

5. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I'm glad there isn't any, i was getting sick of seeing those useless fails.

6. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

All the legendaries are perfect, there are no ugly Pokemon, nothing is bad, get over it. End of story.

[​IMG]

7. dezmomo

dezmomo Well-Known Member

Yet it still sells for millions...
    (Only read the first page)

8. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Re: What\'s going on with the legendaries?

Oh, you mean Gear? Yeah, that's its name. Gear.
    Post Merge: [time]1286404599[/time]
    Did you notice the eyes on Wobbuffet's tail? How it became nocturnal to protect its tail? How its body can be puffed up? What if its tail WAS the Wobbuffet, and the body we see is just a decoy?

9. DBSK009

DBSK009 Member

pokemon is a part of our culture now lol. when u think of electricity, you think of pikachu lol.

i feel as if these design werent given a second thought.. they dont appeal to me very much at all.. i mean a pokemon modeled after icecream? come on nintendo ! sure its cute, but just overall akward. pokemon shouldnt be modeled after food.

10. blaza89

blaza89 Well-Known Member

i don't know.....once you play the game often they look better and to me they match the region, BUT! some of them has good moves and are prefect with there type like the Water/Ground type frog pokemon good type, good moves, but just looking at it from the back was kinda freaking me out, just wish the grass starter final form looked like a dragon and it was grass/dragon type.

Plus i've ben with pokemon ever since silver and gold first came out but i like the story better and the music better, but its too short finished it within a day, wish you could have taken a plane and fly to some islands and do something, still a fan of sliver and gold

11. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Agreed. I prefer entirely new looking mons. I for one like the new designs, and surprisingly, I sort of dislike the 1st generation for having waaaay to simplistic designs. Take Electrode, Ponyta, Voltrob, Psyduck, Persian, Geodude, and countless others.

12. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

Whats the icecream one called , i cant find it?

13. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

everytime a new game comes out i try to make a team with first and second gen pokemon.

the best legendaries are articuno, zapdos, moltres (not so much), mewtwo, mew,.. lugia, ho-oh (not so much), latios/latias, kyogre and groudon.

14. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Gah, you put the godawful Groudon on the list.
    My favorite are Articuno, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Jirachi, Dialgia, Reshiram, Genosect, and .....Arceus (freaking awesome God of Pokemon)

15. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

legendaries were based off of mythical creatures like ho-oh as phoenix, lugia as a sea dragon etc. when the devs ran out of ideas of mythical creatures as remakes for pokemon, they decided to go for the gods. they remade dialga and palkia as japanese shinigami (death gods).