1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whats a job for a 12 year old kid?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bikeboy99, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Make a stand, buy a couple of 12 packs of any pop, go to a busy place on a hot day, sell 1 can of pop for a dollar.

Easy profit.

2. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

now that's just mean. but true too.

3. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

You have no idea just how welcome this cliche is on a hot Australian summer day. As an added bonus, you get first-hand experience of free market capitalism.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

LOL!

I actually didn't want to go that far but yeah, those are indeed true too.
    Speaking getting paid, I envy the Salary policies in the U.S. where you get paid by the hour. Here you get paid per day :(

You'd think getting paid per day sounds good IF the pay is good, but sadly it isn't :(

Especially for teachers & Government employees who get so little salaries.

5. William!

William! Well-Known Member

im 10 and i use eBay :D

6. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

i work 24 hours a week.... and i get paid by the hour.... to be honest, the pay is low but in today's economy, your lucky to even have a job.

For a 12 year old boy, my 3rd plan is the best. Easy money. You don't even have to do anything really. All you have to do is just relax and let the guy have fun. hehehe

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I know in Australia they don't allow paper boys anymore, stupid politically correct bs.

But as said, do chorus, and baby sit...

Or...

Wait a bit dude, school is what you need first, then job hunt at 16.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Brrr! Dude you just sounded like LK with this comment LOL!

9. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

I thought it was illegal for 12 year olds to work?

Hmm, just go do stuff for your parents or your neighbors, and sell stuff on eBay or whatever.

10. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

Cleaning Assistance
    There are probably a lot of people who need there dishes washed and houses cleaned for a very low price.
    The reason for the name its so you sound like your helping sadly though you should do this someone older or service friends and relatives...Stranger Danger

11. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

low pay? really? My dad gets a really high pay and he is only in charge of distributing points of an mmorpg company that has over 9000 regular users. simple job like everyone else.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends on what country you're in as well.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

See the problem with the bolded part is not every job is simple :p

Teaching is definitely no simple job.

Guarding a Mall, a Bank & even a national monument as a security guard is not a simple job.

Driving a public transportation vehicle for 20 hours a day is no simple job.

The problem in this country is, the harder blue collar jobs get low pay while stupid managerial jobs where the person just sits all day in an air conditioned room while he flirts with his hot & sexy secretary get the bigger cut so to speak.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That happens in all countries, management are always higher paid.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

And they grow an over sized ego & sense of self-righteousness too :(

One of my biggest problems with the system here is that teachers are one of the less paid but over loaded & over worked sectors of the working populace which is why a lot of the best teachers that Universities have produced over the years opt to go abroad & teach there because of better pay & benefits. The end result of course is that schools are lacking in good teachers & the student population is so huge that the remaining teachers who do remain out of fulfilling "their calling" are left with a classroom of 100 or more students at one class.

16. doughboy

doughboy Guest

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

People actually do this? I just thought of it and it's something that'd work extremely well. A twelve pack of pop is below 5 dollars here, you'd get a profit of seven dollars. Depending on the amount of foot traffic, you'd make quite a bit of money.

18. tehuber1337

They don't, which is why I'm saying it'd be welcome :(

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You should do it.

Also, it's savings! A can of pop costs more than a dollar anywhere else. THE SAVINGS.

PARTY.

20. tehuber1337

Unfortunately I'm too busy PARTYING to go out and exploit free market capitalism. Also, effort.

/PARTY