1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whats a good MMORPG??

Discussion in 'PC' started by Renji217, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Nothing good is coming out for a while for the DS/PSP (Except Metal Gear) so I wanted to try something new..... Ive played Ragnarok, Runscape, and Gunbound.... Any suggestions??

2. seriaku

seriaku Well-Known Member

Alot of the mmorpgs are cookie cutter games, the are mediocre if that at best, but i have played various mmos in a phase.
    I would recomend either, mabinogi - because this game is a tad more diffirent and almost has a combat style similar to hack and slash games.
    Atalantica - its pretty much a turn based game where you control a party that you can make up of various inbuilt characters.
    Flyff - its one of those click and wait games, but This is the mmo i played the most, simple, somewhat fun, flying is pretty cool.

I used to play them for a week, drop it, move to a new one.
    All in total ive played about 25mmos.

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Gunbound isn't an MMORPG, and is all shit now.

Dungeons and Dragons online is pretty fun

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

But depending on your country, the hit delay is HORRIBLE, I can slash an enemy head-on once, and it takes like 5 seconds for the hit to register.

Seems the enemies follow that weird "local" thing instead of "person to monster" thing.

5. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

WoW/Highest reviewed and won the most awards...but monthly payments sucks!!!

6. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

MegaTen and PSO:BB.
    So does the game play!!!

7. allkratos

Better than anything SquareEnix puts out nowadays...

8. Stanley Richards

Fantasy Earth Zero, recently localised, is quite a darn good PvP game... It's like Rakion, except more hardcore-ish.

50VS50 anyone?

9. sylar1000

which has nothing to do with mmorpgs, lol you fail

10. allkratos

I was pointing towards FF XI...

11. sylar1000

The hell you were, that came out like 6 years ago. You have a weird timing with the word "nowadays"

12. allkratos

But i consider Square Enix as nowadays...pale incarnation of the Glorious Squaresoft...

13. sylar1000

Squaresoft also didn't make any MMORPGs, dude, you're ranting because of 13 in a topic about MMORPGs. Wrong topic.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think it just celebrated it's 8th anniversary.

15. Stanley Richards

Fantasy Earth Zero.

16. sylar1000

Sadly

He wasn't talking about that game though, he seemed to be talking more squeenix and squaresoft in games, not in actually FFXI, only reason he even said he was talking about FFXI was to make it seem like he was on topic when he wasn't actually talking about it at all.

17. allkratos

Stop blindly defending Square Enix...

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I played it from 2004 to 2009. It was fun, but my real life job was too demanding, and after I graduated college I couldn't play very much.
    I wouldn't recommend anyone start playing it now though. It's only good for close nit groups now.

If you really want to play mmos, just google things like "mmorpg list". There are so many free ones out there, just bounce between them as you like.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/

That's what I do now if I feel like playing an MMO, just grab one, play for a while, get bored, stop. Find another, play for a while, get bored, stop.

19. sylar1000

I'm not, you're just blindly whining squeenix because of one game you didn't like. I hate FFXI. i just see that the only reason you're whining is here is because of how much you hate FF 13, thats the only reason you came in here whining about Squeenix

I played a few times when i made new FFXI trials, i found it pretty much like every other MMORPG except with just FF characters in it. It really wasn't much different then any other MMORPG. It was pretty boring. I've played way too many free MMORPGS lol.