1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What X360 I should buy?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Devillan Blade, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Devillan Blade

Devillan Blade Well-Known Member

So there's the deal: Me and my friend are planning to buy XBOX360, but we don't remember what console has the Death Ring, Premium or Elite.

Please answer quickly cause this topics burns like hell for me

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

All of them get the RROD.

3. Devillan Blade

What's that?

4. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Red Ring of Death.

Yeah, pretty much all of them get it at some point. Although the new ones are less vulnerable.

5. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Get the slim 4gb for 200 bucks. I heard its pretty good

6. Devillan Blade

Its not modded? I need a modded one to play burned games
    PS: I live in Israel so dollars won't work

7. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

go for elite, bigger HDD (and its black!!!)
    yes, they all get the rings of death. just purchase a warranty and you'll be fine

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

DON'T BUY THE WARRANTY. If you buy a warranty, you're essentially wasting money. If you buy one they'll either tell you to use the manufacturers warranty (which is three years for RRoD or the E74 error, both of which are the most common errors) or just ship it themselves to Microsoft.

9. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

both get RROD, just be careful of not overheating it and all that and you should be fine. or get a slim which supposedly is RROD free

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Only because there's no rings.

11. Devillan Blade

So slim it is, thanks

12. someirishkid

i bought the warranty. when I got E74 they just handed me a brand new console, and switched the hard drives.

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

When did you do this?

14. someirishkid

i bought my Xbox 4 years ago. i got the warranty with it. About 9 months in, i was playing halo 3 when the screen went all weird and purple. Then a screen with a load of japanese shit and "E74" at the top came up. I brought the xbox, receipt and warranty to GAME and they handed me a brand new xbox. they switched the HDD too so I could keep my saves

I still have that second xbox now. I think the newer consoles have been fixed or something.

15. bunnybag

bunnybag Well-Known Member

Supposedly, if you mod your xbox 360, you automatically void the warranty on it.

What's this purchasing a warranty? I've never heard of that as every electronic appliance I buy has a warranty with it (not for additional cost).

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Microsoft didn't extend their warranty by the time yours broke, it went from 90 days to one year. Then after from one year to three years because of the number of consoles that E74'd and RRoD'd.

Now if you buy the warranty, you're essentially wasting money, because the store you buy it from will tell you to go through MS and not through them. This extends to most other electronic stores for ANY item. That being said, some stores let you exchange the item within 14 or 30 days.

There's manufacturer's warranty (for most electronics, it's up to 90 days), and store warranty, the store warranty you pay extra for since it's the store doing the repairs/shipping out the item and paying for it to get repaired. The manufacturer's warranty takes priority over the manufacturer's, so lets say your PS3 broke withing 30 days and you wanted to get it repaired because you bought the store warranty, they'll most likely tell you to go through Sony and not them until the manufacturer's warranty.

Although in the case of the PS3, I'm sure if you brought up a hubbub, they'd give in, but not for the Xbox, MS' warranty covers far too much time for a store to consider losing money.

17. cdfyrt

cdfyrt Member

i dont know if youre familiair with gamemania normal xbox games
    maximum 20 bugs/$ almost none of it
    minimum 1 bug/$ the most of those games are 3 to 7 bugs/$
    NOTE!!: youl need to asked a costumcard and you can
    try de games 7 days out for FREE!!
    IMPORTANT!!:if you didnt like the game you get a ticket
    of how much the game worth was maybe something for
    vacation? maybe you played the game out already

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's a bit different in the UK. Although its a manufacturer's warranty, legally your contract is with the retailer, therefore it is their problem. Of course they'll tell you it isnt, but if you quote the relevant law they'll give in.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I was not aware of this law.

20. someirishkid

also for the most part UK counts for Ireland.