1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What will you do if a blackout happen for 1 week??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhatomKids, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Well... well MY house is MAGIC. So if there's no electricity... it'll switch to... cosmic star power magic stuff!
    [me=Born2killx]cries[/me]

2. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

My house is magic too, it works on the power of electricity coming throught he power lines, if that stops, well, you know the rest

3. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

My laptop's battery would keep it running for two hours and then I'd die without it.

4. Void

Void Well-Known Member

For electronics, I'd kind of be relying on my Zen and DS batteries (really my Zen, but my DS could possibly get some use). If I really wanted to start playing some old pokemon or something I'm sure I could find some AA batteries for my GBA. Even though it already gets too much use, I'd probably play my acoustic guitar for a good bit of my free time. I really don't know what I'd do other than that. My day would basically be waking up, school (depending on time of year, if not, hanging out), coming home, (homework,) battery electronics/guitar, sleep.

Anyways, I'd probably die since it's extremely cold outside. If it was later in the year, that wouldn't be a problem though.

5. mysticaloctopus

mysticaloctopus Well-Known Member

Outside is overrated. Sure, nice graphics and smooth framerate, but the monthly subscription fees are huge, there's even more lack of goal than in WoW, you're limited to one character on one account and appealing any kind of ban is impossible. And despite all this, there are still twinks ruining my fun!

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Call the TV station, this man here is a genius!

7. jacoblam365

jacoblam365 Well-Known Member

Well. I don't know what I will do during the blackout, but I am sure what will happen about 9-10 months later. hospitals will be PACKED......

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I wouldn't kill myself.. I do play sports and hang out with mates a lot so that would keep me occupied.

9. rorybob

rorybob Well-Known Member

Sorry about that , my friend logged in as me at his house and posted insulting / rude posts...
    hes a dick

10. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

we had a twelve hour power failure just yesterday, i wasnt happy that it was a night...it was too hot...

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You shouldn't give him your password or have yourself logged in for long at someone else's house. Normally if we have a power cut during a hot night I just go outside. Really is nice.. until the bats come along :p

12. MusicAddict911

The power was out in one place in Newfoundland last year for an entire week.

I think I'd freeze to death.

13. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Hmm, i think ill probably have my pet hamsters (read: sisters) running in a electricity awakening bike thingy, so i can post this post.

Or i would sleep once in a while, or take my anual bath. , or learn

14. MusicAddict911

The power has been off here now for about two hours and it just came back. I almost died.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Last time the power went out at university it was for 7 hours. I managed about three hours between my two laptops (most of my batteries were dead) then had to leave when the emergency lighting failed. Most of the city was without power for 4 hours because the builders employed by the university to construct a new building (which has to date been responsible for at least 1 city wide power outage, a couple of minor ones and several gas leaks) dug up a section of road they shouldn't have been anywhere near, and disturbed a high voltage transport cable; which subsequently exploded in a spectacular fireball about two weeks later, plunging the city into darkness. They denied it, but the massive hole didn't just appear.

http://www.pluto-online.com/fullsearch.php?misc=search&subaction=showfull&id=1193151248&archive=&cnshow=news&ucat=1&start_from=&

16. eyeball226

eyeball226 Well-Known Member

What the hell? Does no one read these days? And all the people complaining about no heating... you have electric heating? o.0

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have at university, and at my parent's house the central heating is natural gas with an electrically powered valve. So if there's no electricity the gas shuts off.