1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What was your first cell phone ever?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by athemoe, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

my sister ended up with a chinese clone of a nokia, its terrible.

also the reason they can do it is because the official factories are located in china, so they simply run the production lines out of hours and off the record. iphones are actually made by a chinese company called foxconn (they also make computer parts). So really, its not chinese technology at all, its illicit use of official technology and designs.

2. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I see. Yup, its terrible. But you get what you get for the price. If they use the same tech and design, why does it still sucks? why not make the same original and sell it with a different name but its the same product? The only thing that will change is the brand and price.

3. Loonylion

I imagine they cant use the official component stocks or people would notice them going missing. so they have to use cheaply sourced alternatives or rejected official components.

4. damanali

And China would care cause? But i see your point. Maybe that why the clone can't replicate the 3G part of the original. The rest like WLAN, touchscreen, and some of it even has a analog tv capability can be made.

5. Loonylion

china wouldnt care. the companies the employees are ripping off WOULD care.

6. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

My Motherboard is Foxconn, there's a program called fox one you can download and use to overclock the CPU and other stuff, its really easy to do.

7. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Wait. Apple is not Chinese... The company is American and only the Products are Chinese

8. Loonylion

you'll find that a lot of electronic products you think are american/some other nationality are actually contracted out to chinese factories because its cheaper. over 95% of foxconn's business comes from making products for other companies to sell.

9. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

That's what I said. Damanali, or whatever his name is, is saying that the whole thing is chimese

10. damanali

i never said Iphone or apple is chinese.... i said the chinese can replicate it. and loony pointed out its not chinese tech but illicit use of the apple tech by the chinese. be careful of what you post.

11. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Eehhhh I don't care, what's important is that I have one :}

12. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

mine:

[​IMG]

13. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Fixed

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My parents didn't want me to break it... oops

15. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

16. Jonez001

Moderasian, wow... long time no see! How are you doing?

17. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

High school is stressful. Otherwise, I'm doing fine.

18. Jonez001

Shall we continue the chat in the spam thread? As mods, we don't want to get this thread going off topic?

(FYI, my old username was Jonez001)

19. 10tarik10

10tarik10 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I was talking about this awesome game!
    yes I found it on 9gag xD

20. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Ha ha, I remember playing that on my dad's old phone :)