1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What was the last anime series you completed watching ???

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by rock91, Dec 29, 2009.

1. evannick

evannick Well-Known Member

Angel Beats ^___________________^ 2nd season please

2. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Since there isn't really a "What anime are you currently watching" thread I figured I'd just post it in here.
    I just watched episode 1 of "Highschool of the Dead". The action, and amount of violence is cool, but it's all really cliche, in terms of a Zombie Scenario, and Anime in general.
    There's an annoying amount of ecchi, big breasted girls, lots of up-skirt shots and shit, and then everybody turns into zombies the same they do in the movies, people overreact, and start trying to escape, but somehow manage to not escape because they're fucking stupid, and you also got the character going into denial about a friend becoming a zombie and such. I'll continue to watch it as episodes become available, but just saying that it's really cliche.

3. yougotmail42

yougotmail42 Active Member

^ I agree with you about the ecchi stuff Highschool of the Dead; the fanservice is annoying and really ruins the atmosphere. I'm don't care about cliches though. Anyway, it was fun to watch, and I'll continue watch it for the time being.

On topic: I recently finished Bakemonogatari and Arakawa Under the Bridge.
    Bakemonogatari's ending didn't live up to my expectations, but I wasn't really disappointed either. It was a good ending, although I feel that episode 12 (last episode broadcasted on television) made a far better ending. Still an amazing show, though.
    Arakawa Under the Bridge was an interesting show. An actual plot didn't really appear until the second half of the show, and the conclusion felt a little rushed because it happened so quickly (in the penultimate episode, nonetheless). There are still plenty of unanswered questions, particularly about the lead female, Nino, and her history, so there wasn't much closure. Maybe there'll be more in the future... Oh well. Decent comedy.

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Read the Manga before you go on a rant. Seriously, why didnt people just read the Manga first? Its almost identical.

5. Yutrzenika

I did read the manga first, actually, and it's no different. It doesn't make either one any better. I didn't bother mentioning it, since the anime is pretty much identical to the manga, as you stated.
    Does it really matter if we read the manga first, if they're both the same?
    Whether you read the manga, or watched the anime episode, in the end, they're both filled with ecchi, they're both full of zombie movie cliches, and they're both filled with anime cliches.
    But I digress...

I plan on finishing Spice and Wolf through the course of today, and tomorrow.

6. light_x_dark

light_x_dark Well-Known Member

Just finished Digimon Adventure season 1.

7. CrashmanX

So if you dont like them, why bother bitching about them? Really, seems sorta pointless IMO.

Anyways, just finished FMA: Brotherhood. Episode 63 nearly brought me to tear.

8. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Wow completed, I think that must be Clannad.

9. dee292

dee292 Well-Known Member

sailor moon japanese was like a year ago id rather read manga then watch the anime:p

but im currently reading card captor sakura manga

10. Yutrzenika

Oh for... I never said I didn't like it. I just said that the amount of Ecchi, and cliches are annoying, but other than that it's still pretty entertaining because of the mindless violence.
    And I wasn't "Bitching", I was putting my opinion out there, there's a difference, and somebody even agreed with my opinion. Bitching about something is usually very biased, if I was bitching I would have gone on about how bad it was, not even considering the good.

11. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

don't worry about that
    there's a S2 coming our way =D

12. Yutrzenika

Finished Spice and Wolf, wow, it was pretty damn good overall. Hope they make a Season 3.

13. yougotmail42

yougotmail42 Active Member

Just finished watching FMA Brotherhood. Honestly, it's not as good as the first series. Maybe if they hadn't rushed so much (especially the first 14 episodes), this would have been much better...

14. Yutrzenika

I plan on finishing Trigun sometime...

15. CrashmanX

You sir must be either Trolling or just fucking crazy. They didnt rush anything, it was awesome. The ending was great. And incase ya didnt know, if follow the Manga almost to the letter.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That has to be a good anime then. I better start watching it.

17. Yutrzenika

There's this thing called "Opinion". :p

Anyways, trying to remember what episode of Trigun I left off at, it's a bitch... XD

18. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Toradora!

Not bad.

19. Yutrzenika

I loved that one. It was awesome, though personally I preferred Spice and Wolf.

20. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

just finished every single episode of digimon. :eek: :p