1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what should i buy out of.....

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by msg2009, May 21, 2010.

?

these games?

1. bad company 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. bioshock 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. assassins creed 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. borderlands

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. should i wait till they get tales of vesperia in stock?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

im through with buying lots of games at once, i play 10 minutes of each then kinda get bored and download some games instead.
    I want to try getting into a game for once.

so, bad company - will i not like it after mw2?
    bioshock 2 - im not that keen on the 1st one, its ok but not great
    assassins creed 2 - the 1st one bored me to death but heard good things about this
    borderlands - is it any good?
    or should i wait till they get tales of vesperia in stock?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Bioshock 2 is bloody amazing, and the mp is fun, I didn't think I'd like the retro setting...but it helped :)

3. jaimitovond

jaimitovond Well-Known Member

Borlerlands is quite repetitive after a while, and I`ve heard BFBC2 is a way too defensive game, ACII is amazing, ACI was a bit boring, but they fixed it with ACII

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Bad company is leagues better than MW2 if you play with friends.

Borderlands is a lot of fun with friends.

Bioshock 2 is a hollow shell of the first.

Assassin's Creed 2 will get some decent playtime but expect to be bored near the end (I know I was).

Uh, yeah.

5. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I'd say get Bad Company 2.
    Borderlands is great as well.

AC2 was fun, but yeah, got boring, and the DLC is shit.
    Bioshock 2 is just a remake of Bioshock 1 except with different characters, and "Multiplayer".

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Bad Company 2 or Borderlands for sure. AC2 is cool, but it isn't worth a purchase. If you didn't like Bioshock 1, buying the second one is probably a horrible decision. Although Tales games are fun, I think it would be more worth your time to grab Bad Company 2 or Borderlands. I would just see which game is most interesting to you between the two. Maybe flip a coin?

7. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

bioshock 2 bc2 might bore a bit after mw2 ac2 is good but not really good and borderlands trys to live up to fallout 3 maybe get fallout three this just my opinion so dont try insult me bc2 fanboys

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

?

I personally thought BC2 was better than MW2 in every respect, considering that playing as a team to me is a lot more fun than just lone wolfing it than MW2. Along with that your team gets more penalized for deaths in BC2, and the game is more intense because of the larger scale battles involving vehicles and because some of the realism associated with the game. Also destructibility makes the game a lot more dynamic than MW2. If the OP prefer team play, then BC2 is definately THE game to get or Borderlands.

Bioshock 2, again, is a lot like the first, without the changing story and it has a tacked on multiplayer that won't get more than an hour of play time.

AC2 runs about 20 hours before the end, at that point, it gets boring and it makes the entire experience stale imo.

Borderlands is not trying to live up to FO3, in fact the games is so radically different I don't know why you're comparing the two. Borderlands is similar to BC2 in terms of team play, but it's a co-op experience, so you'll play through the game and probably not replay it again (unless you get the DLC).

That being said, all the games listed are good and I recommend you get them all or play them all at one point in time.

9. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Assassins Creed 2 or Tales of Vesperia, i loved both of them games.

10. Yutrzenika

I did much prefer the Campaign experience of MW2 over BC2, but BC2 does have a much more enjoyable multi-player, but that's not to say BC2s Campaign isn't good (They poke fun at MW2 a few times in it as well).

Yup, Bioshock 2 sucked. Moving on.

Borderlands is really fun, though I was never able to find somebody to play with in Co-Op, if you do decide to get it, avoid the Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot Expansion, it's a complete waste of money. Imagine ODSTs Firefight mode, or Gears 2s Horde Mode (Except better because it's not Gears), except in boring levels, with nothing truly new, aside from a bank to store shit in.

11. MadSemtex

MadSemtex Well-Known Member

Only buy Borderlands if you're planning to play with friends.

12. Yutrzenika

Yeah, I bought it expecting lots of people to be playing it, but pretty much nobody on my friends list had it. I did still have fun, but it would be more fun with friends.

13. msg2009

I should have mentioned i play alone 99% of the time
    occasionaly play mw2 spec ops or nazi zombies 2 player but thats it

14. MadSemtex

MadSemtex Well-Known Member

Remove Borderlands from your list.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

And BC2.

16. Yutrzenika

That narrows it down to ACII...

17. msg2009

i was kinda hoping you would steer me away from ac, i didn't like the first one. i heard good things but its still the same isn't it?
    ah well, ac it is then.
    and your all to blame if its crap :p

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's okay, the others are a lot better eith the exception of Bioshock, but the others are mostly good with the multiplayer portions.

19. Reider

Reider Modereider

You likely won't find Tales of Vesperia getting restocked anyways but it's the best out of all of those in your list IMO.

Assassin's Creed II is really only good for one playthrough and then it's boring.

20. Yutrzenika

Maybe rent the games first and see what you think before you buy them?