1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What is your favorite OS?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by ace1o1, Oct 14, 2009.

1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

It is download-able.

Hackers will be able to crack system .dlls like they did to allow 3rd party themes.

VistaGlazz is an example of that.

2. Malibu

Malibu New Member

XP FTW................. xD!!!!!

3. t3ckn0b0y

t3ckn0b0y New Member

I went to Ubuntu over a year ago, and haven't looked back sense.. I run it mainly for a media center in the main room for the mythtv & mythgame. the media software could use a facelift but the power under the hood made it my choice over windows media center... other than I miss the feel of GameEX. which is very nice game frontend for windows... probably the best out there for it.. Ive tried many of the other linux distro's before coming to my finally conclusion and haven't had to reinstall in over a year.

4. wtf41304A

wtf41304A New Member

Maybe my requirement level is pretty low, I like Vista and XP at all
    now I am using Vista x64 and feel comfortable, although I know both WinXP and Win7 are less system resources...

Anyway, the fact is, everything in Win7 is base on Vista and XP, Vista is not as successfully as XP just due to aggrasive to the system configuration

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Ok, my new internet adapter is not my favorite: [​IMG] AND THEY SAID ON THE BOX IT IS FASTER!

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

you should have put that in the speedtest thread Yoshi...

but still, I already made a thread about this...
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=18585.0

7. yoshi2889

I know... *Is sleepy* *Gulp*

8. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

XP ftw! I use ubuntu too though.

fuck vista and windows 7... strictly newfags only

9. yoshi2889

Please do not say that sort of words.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Windows 7 is OK. Ubuntu, on the other hand, is a pile of crap for newbies only. Try a real distribution like Fedora.

11. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

ok, I give up on announcing the other thread...

I still like XP...

12. fdgsaoralex

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be saying newfag... it's a hurtful word

13. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

ehh I know how you feel Loony but Ubuntu is still good. Think about people that are just switching from windows and they are looking at a linux system for the first time like what the hell is this!? I think ubuntu does the best job of converting windows users to linux and then they can move on from there to a better distro. I've used fedora forever and it was my first Linux Distro so it was harder for me to get used to linux(I think my dad introduced me to linux when i was like 8) My dad loves fedora and redhat which Im glad for because I hate messing with .deb files and sudo. Yum and rpm are much easier probably because I'm more used to it. But yeah all Linux is awesome some distros might be better then others but no matter what Linux is the best.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

linux IS the best....except there are some downsides, for me at least. i don't feel like listing them cause i don't feel like it.

but i've never tried fedora or redhat...only heard about them. i prefer mepis out of anything. it's just.....me!! although arch is pretty cool too.

15. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I like XP, but I have Vista pre-installed on my current laptop.

16. 7mike7

7mike7 Well-Known Member

i like xp but vista is faster

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Vista is faster?!....what are your computer's specs?

18. yoshi2889

Here XP is faster then Vista...
    Post Merge: [time]1257262016[/time]
    Its ok, i only will help people to not get banned! So Loony and the other mods doesn't have to take care so much, so they can do things relax ;D

19. fdgsaoralex

you completely missed my point....

20. CameronJHayes

CameronJHayes Well-Known Member

To me XP is more like the simple everyday thing anyone could get on and use. I also like Windows 7, it's less of a pain to deal with.