1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What happens to ROMulation if Nintendo wont make roms again for DS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CoolKill3r, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domoarigato

domoarigato Member

we need revolution my friends,like we did in the old age let's rewrite history and put an end to the invaders called NSA, let's free our roms from the cold hands of those wretched bastards. Where is that guy with the feathered pen in situations like this? let's form a group RRR for god's sake
    "Revolt,Rally for Romulation" nah in times like this were totally screwed : )

2. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

O rly?

https://www.romulation.org/downloads/

3. ddmdsc

ddmdsc Member

this site was one of the best, until it submitted to esa..

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

Then take a hike. The forum could do with less stupidity anyways.
    You make it sound like we wanted to do this. I can promise you right now that if we could, we'd have everything back up and it'd be business as usual but there's really nothing we can do in the face of people who can and would be more than happy to destroy our lives.

5. Chizniz

Chizniz New Member

Awww, how sad...
    I actually found a lot of great DS games on this site which I would later go on to buy. Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Survivor, Suikoden, and The Elite Beat Agents, are a few of the many that come to mind. Unfortunately I can't always trust popular reviews to determine what I would personally like or not 80% of the time. Actually trying before buying really works I think. This site has however also helped me avoid some stinkers which I most likely would have used as paper weights had I sunk money into them!

But, I am grateful for the many titles I have been introduced to through this site. My DS gaming library has been paper weight free thanks to you guys! It was good while it lasted, but I understand that nothing really lasts forever. It has been so wonderful, thanks for everything ROMulation! You guys have been a godsend to me, :) Adios!!

6. Chaosage

Chaosage Member

I can still get my old school games so I am happy. This just means I have to shell out money for hand-held consoles as well, no biggie. YAY for having a job!

7. scarface1980

scarface1980 Member

It was a fun ride i guess..

8. ddmdsc

ddmdsc Member

you choose not to fight, theres probably OVER 10,000 users here who would fight for you. They are bullying you guys, using scare tactics to force you to take down the roms, if they cared so much about ppl downloading roms, they would go after all the rom sites, but they are not doing that. They have nothing on you guys. If they take you to court, its going to make them look like fools. *CONTINUED ON NEXT POST*
    Post Merge: [time]1277570010[/time]
    sorry for a double post, psp internet cuts down on making long posts, back to what i was saying,

you do not profit off of the roms AND it would waste their money if they took you to court, believe me, i was about to go to court over an irl issue from my past, it would cost over 90,000 thousand dollars to take you guys to court. They are only bullying you guys, as long as you continue to submit/push you guys around, you'll never have true independance.

9. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Man i am so glad we have you, a lawyer here, oh wait. Good to know all 10K users will support them while they are in jail for not submitting to the cease and desist. Also being sued.

Although they aren't making money off of the roms, premium comes pretty close, While you can download the roms for free, paying for premium is coming pretty close to making money off of roms, you pay money to be able to download more, or download more at a time.

10. Binahu

Binahu Member

Nothing can stop piracy. No matter what they do to our pc's or consoles... The only way their gonna stop us is brain wash us or cut our hands off and I don't see any of them two options happening anytime soon (or ever... lol). While there is one person who wants to upload something and at least one person wanting to download it... there will be piracy happening... somewhere. Its impossible to stop while they allow us to do it and its impossible to stop everyone now.

11. ultima22689

ultima22689 New Member

I understand NDS games but even games from the 16 bit era are subject to this and it's really messed up. I can't get mad at romulation for that because I haven't given them a cent but it's still frustrating.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

even if you had paid for points or premium it wouldnt be our fault...

13. ddmdsc

ddmdsc Member

a cease and desist, do they have legal documents stating that they want a cease and desist? Anyone can say they want a cease and desist with something they own, but that doesn't mean they legally have the courts approval to stop roms from being giving to users, and premium does not mean your paying cash to actually download the games, it only gives you better download speed and the option to download more then one rom.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it was a DMCA notice from a group of lawyers.

15. Xannim

Xannim New Member

Even the Retro section got destroyed...
    Even some of the unofficial got banned! Street fighter 16 neo plus ex thai edition for the NES.
    Capcom:
    "OMG IT HAS STREET FIGHTER IN THE NAME, I FEEL SO VIOLATED!"
    Super Mario Bros.
    Nintendo:
    Lol stop this we can make another 10 Mio. if we ban it from there lolol!
    Banning DS Games makes at least SOME sense, but this?

16. Chdonga

Chdonga Well-Known Member

That was sarcasm.

17. Chaosage

Chaosage Member

Ummm, they don't profit when you dl and do not buy as well. Also, rather than try and tell someone else how to run a website like this, try making your own. We will see what you do when a cease and desist shows up.

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this topic has gone on long enough. What is done is done. Let's leave it at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.