1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What happens to ROMulation if Nintendo wont make roms again for DS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CoolKill3r, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Steam is not free. I said steam-like platform. Stop being stupid really, of course I wouldn't think Nintendo would give away free shit.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...but what would happen to romUlation?

Will you leave what's left to the retro junkies, or will you consider the dead ideas for uploading (ie wii, ps2, etc)....

It'll be a few years of course, unless nintendo does do something like steam, after all if it's not carts it's optical media.

Which can be ripped apart.

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Ah, now Seph don't pick on the wee folk. :p

I am going to pretend this is Burger King and stateif Nintendo was to do a "steam type platform" I would venture to say that eventually we would be able to "test" them as its been done with PC games from steam...*ahem* so I have read.

4. Arcelio

Arcelio Well-Known Member

Yeah, because Sony's 'digital download' experiment was a huge success. [/sarcasm] Nintendo will not go to digital downloads, because they know that gamers prefer something tangible. Something that they can actually hold in their hands (not like that, perverts).

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I know...
    If Nintendo makes something like the Go, then I will lose respect for them. :p

6. Arcelio

Arcelio Well-Known Member

If Sony continues to produce the Go, I will lost more respect for them than I already have... oh wait, I don't have any respect for them.

The only thing I somewhat respect from Sony is the lengths they go to to stop piracy. Constant firmware updates, constant patching, and restriction of PSN. Of course, none of that matters for shit when you have a homebrew that can go on PSN for you, hackers that are constantly making new Custom Firmwares, and a new hacker on the block (Hrimfaxi) that just hacked Naruto Shippudden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, all in less than a month.

Seriously, Sony should just stop fighting piracy. They need to realize that piracy can be a bitch or a pimp. You can either fuck it, or get fucked by it. One way or another, someone's getting fucked.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Steam has already proven this is not so. A lot of gamers would much rather click buy, wait for a download than have to go to the store and buy it. I'd imagine this to be especially true for DS games since they're so small, and carrying around cartridges is horrible. Sony failed because they didn't commit to it, their game selection was limited and I'm not even sure how many games the GO can have at the same time, but it's not very many.

This is just ignorant. If they stopped fighting piracy then no one would develop games for the PSP! Why would developers bother with a system where every one just pirates it because it's so easy? Why do you think the DS market is primarily casual? You seriously need to start thinking about your statements because they make you look stupid and naive.

8. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Agreed. But heres my question. Does Nintendo do stuff to fight privacy other then the hackable anti-piracy?

9. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

Well, they sue "pirates" when they can. Lawsuits are usually wonderful deterrents.

10. Stanley Richards

So the lawsuits will get other people's attentions in the hopes that they will stop? But have people stopped?

11. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

well I'm fairly sure they are more likely to go for Sellers of the pirated Roms than Distributors, but my guess is Distributors would be a close second D: even though they usually like to throw Cease and Desist letters in.

( is that how u spell desist? the spell check didn't pop it up as wrong, but it just doesn't look right)

12. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Just a random question will you ever upload roms of other systems like PSP or something???

13. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

No.
    Only for SEGA Genesis

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Genesis=Megadrive

Same console, just another name, which...we already have.

1.They have demo's on the psn, that's why romU apparently stopped hosting them.

www.pspisoz.com

Affiliates rule!

Only way sto stop all forms of piracy effectivly is too...

-Target all forums that allow links to download sites

-Torrent sites

-RomUlation (gulp)

A big blanket...and if they take down said sites, for the owners to fess-up who's been providing for lesser sentences...

Example-if nintendo for some reason kills romU, oither than jail if he tells them who the uploaders are, yada yada...

Not sure if this COULD be done, but it seems effective to me...

I used to against all forms of piracy until money flying out my wallet, so I looked into some methods, may work but if it can be done is another question.

15. XeNo - A.K.A Steelez

XeNo - A.K.A Steelez Well-Known Member

In my opinion i don't think there is any way a company like Nintendo can stop piracy. Unless if they come up with a new media device different from a flash cart or an optical disc.

16. Stanley Richards

Even then, the leet-hackers would break the games apart after awhile, *thats a looong while*

17. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Maybe they will just give up if they try and keep failing.

18. Stanley Richards

hackers are persistent.

19. Adam@Adam

Adam@Adam Active Member

Romulation will build a giant robot and kill rodents for a living!!!

20. WE WOULD ALL BE F***** ROYALLY UP THE BUTT , BIG TIME!
    lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.