1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What happened to the good old Anime's?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Arcwolf09, May 23, 2010.

1. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Yeh i started watching brootherhood but i only seen the englisg subbed ones

2. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Yeah, there aren't many animes I really like. Most of the ones I've seen suck.
    The ones I like are Toradora, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, Black Lagoon, Azumanga Daioh, Pumpkin Scissors, and Trigun. But I hate all the more mainstream animes like, Naruto, and Bleach.

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i havnt watch any anime since Nodame. i cant found any that intrested me. right now i'm watching Kamen Rider until i found an anime that i like.

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I found Toradora! one of the best love stories ever. For me, at least.

5. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

What no one likes Speed Racer?

Anyways, Anyone miss good animes like Gao-Gai-Gar? I also miss the great Harem series like Tenchi Muyo, it was a comedy Harem with a story. (The Ryo-Ohki OVAs, not universe) Anyone been keeping up with Hellsing ultimate?

6. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

i only saw part of hellsing because unfortunately they stopped it mid series idk if it was because of a market deal or what but the network dropped it. idk anyone else who had it.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There's a new series of it.
    It's way better than the original.

8. CrashmanX

Keyword was Ultimate, the OVA series, not the TV series.

9. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

What is the name of the anime where the people live on and island and the island has a city and on the outside of the walls it chaos and free reign an the inside its controlled and under government. The people have special powers they can activate and some can summon things to help them. One of the main characters special ability is his arm becomes a gauntlet and he can shoot orbs out of it. The other main character summons this being that can fight on its on (which is the first of its kind) but anyone with these powers are universaly hated.

10. CrashmanX

I wanna say S-Cry-Ed but I'm not 100% sure.

11. asakapala15

asakapala15 Member

I hate bland anime's...

12. hornets21

hornets21 Active Member

yay no hate on hitman reborn the only anime i still watch 8)

13. CrashmanX

Ok and that has what to do with this topic?

14. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Revive.. I have been watching soul eater and love it for its originality and comedy.... well maybe not too original but its really good.

15. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I like to see anime like bleach I follow it every week

I'm now watching Trinity Blood
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Blood

And I just finished Spawn the anime (one of the few anime with only 6 eps
    that has a duration of 1hour and 14 min per ep.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_%28comics%29

16. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Well I'm more of a fan of the story in the anime so I think that the modern stuff is better than a lot of the older ones.
    Anime like Mushishi, Eden of the East, and Haibane Renmei really pull you in; and they're all relatively new.

To be fair though I haven't seen a lot of the old classics like Evangelion or Trigun.

17. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I have been busy watching a lot of series. i finished trigun, the sacred blacksmith, sword x gun, and a few others. These are all really good and i recommend them.

18. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

I've been spending a lot of time watching Universal Century Gundam series. It's probably one of the most fleshed-out universes I've seen. The last good anime I watched though was Eden of the East and that was a couple of weeks ago.

19. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Ugh, the title.

Anyway; anime, like all media, is subjective.
    If you start watching/reading a series expecting to be disappointed due to preconceived notions then you're going to be biased and find superficial faults.

20. evannick

evannick Well-Known Member

this
    and old is keyword
    eets old of course eets gone from tv to make way for new ones