1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What happened to the good old Anime's?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Arcwolf09, May 23, 2010.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Hell Girl is a rather interesting one to watch.

2. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I know there are dozens of great anime that havnt found american mainstream producers to pick up.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is true...

4. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I liked Trinity Blood to but it became to complex for its own good.

5. ChiuChan

ChiuChan Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQNipo08ejM Angel Beats is probably the best anime out right now. A lot of the 'older' anime were pretty generic, as well. As anime becomes more mainstream in Japan, the art and production value increases; K-On!! is pretty unique, because of the musical focus; the songs have topped Oricon repeatedly. Don't Say Lazy, Cagayake Girls, GO GO Maniac, and Listen!! all held the number 1 and 2 slots for a few weeks. K-On!! is lighter fare, though. A lot of anime tend to have sophisticated plots, but American attention spans don't ever end up focusing enough to notice; so, we get series of bland shonen anime with similar plot lines and events. Male main hero -> underdog -> does epic things and progresses to a power level over 90000. Over and over and over and over. @____@ And that is shonen anime these days. Which is probably why moeblob anime like K-ON!! are topping charts for viewers, DVD sales, and obsession in Japan.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed Paranoia Agent.

7. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Re: What happened to the good old Anime\'s?

What was that old anime that the people lived in a underground city like tokyo and fought giant Angels with mechs. the Angels were evil or something and the city was called Geo or something?
    Post Merge: [time]1274586771[/time]
    paranoia agent confused me so bad

8. ChiuChan

ChiuChan Member

Evangelion.

9. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Yeh! Thats it i liked that one to.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I loved PA. ;)

Ahhhhh!!!

One of the greatest ever made!!

[me=ace1o1]falls to his knees in honor of this masterpiece.[/me]

But I'd die for Eureka.

11. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I never finished it unfortunately i stopped like when fights her twin or something like that.

12. ChiuChan

ChiuChan Member

Oh, yeah. CANAAN is a pretty good anime. It's got a really complex (but not complex to the point where you have to ponder it, just complex in the way that it's WELL developed, and like, novel like) storyline, with excellent characters, amazing fightscenes, and quality voice acting. It's girls with guns. Speaking of Girls With Guns, Madlax was pretty good, along with Gunslinger Girl and Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino. CANAAN was pretty tops in terms of smooth animation and great fight scenes. Everything was fluid -- no fancy lines in the background to narrate an action. And then, if you can stand rampant fan-service and pantyshots, there's Ikkitousen. It's got amazing fight scenes, a good general plot, but lots and lots of girl on girl action (which is never a bad thing) but sometimes it distracts from the plot with all of it's wet panties and nip-slips.

13. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

Really??? Doubt you've even watched it...

14. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

We don't mean to put Bleach down but it is what it is. i liked it for a while then they just seemed to keep a sinking ship from sinking all the way.

15. ChiuChan

ChiuChan Member

There is a modicum of plot to Bleach, but it's generally the same and pretty predictable.
    It's not a masterful plotline, but it's there.

16. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I hate anime where you know the characters arn't going to die and you know this and so you can predict the outcome.

17. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

That's pretty much every show/series/movie in existence. The number of stories where the "good guy dies" are few and far in between.

18. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Re: What happened to the good old Anime\'s?

yeh i no but i like at least when they get hurt lol
    Post Merge: [time]1274588644[/time]
    Hey Scruffy lol i like that show

19. ChiuChan

ChiuChan Member

In CANAAN, people die. Red Garden, etc. Just stay away from shonen if you don't want predictable plots. lul.

In Angel Beats, due to the nature of the plot, the characters do die (everyone's died at least once, I think), but because it's the after life, the death scenes hardly have meaning. The scenes where they pass on, however, do have meaning, and the scenes that show their life before going to heaven are pretty emotional, including the death scenes; all of the characters had bad lives, and died in horrible ways while young. I just finished watching the 8th episode~ Yuri finally won against Angel. :3

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yay for FMA Brotherhood.

Sadly the art is inconsistent. In some cases you'll think "Wow I don't remember the art looking this good and fluid"

Then in some other cases "Wow this looks off" the last episode was really off, like ugh.

Story's still entertaining and it's totally based off the manga so it makes much more sense so far.