1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Gender are romulation users?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 01427, Dec 10, 2007.

1. desaze

desaze Well-Known Member

What's wrong with being a grammar enforcer?

For your information, grammar will keep society from becoming mindless, illiterate, pseudo-intellectual "l33t"-ists who believe that because they can read numbers as letters, they are somehow more intelligent.

Think of it this way:

If you were to stand in front of a classroom and read "I R Leet, because I pawn" then everyone will think you are mentally deficient and will laugh you out of the room. What makes it any different online?

2. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

He's simply enforcing grammar to harshly. Thats all really.

3. desaze

desaze Well-Known Member

... jab vs jabbed.

That's not grammar... that's spelling. Spellin aint sam as grammer mang...

4. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Perhaps you need to improve your spelling and grammar as well. He said 'jabbed in the past tense'. In which case,it is not a matter of spelling error but grammar error. Besides, please stop this argument. Off-topic discussion will result in us getting our asses on fire by the admin.

5. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Okay, people are people too, and nobody is perfect, as us Filipinos say it: TAO LANG! (ONLY PEOPLE)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Born2killx's habit of enforcing grammar rules was a factor in him being selected as moderator, actually.

Seen it happen, was not impressed. The teacher didn't even bother to correct them. (was even less impressed about that) My mum is a teaching assistant, and if you only believe half of what she says goes on in one of the schools she works at, the teachers should never have been allowed to leave school, let alone get a teaching qualification (my mum is also qualified to teach; she's also about twice the age of most of the teachers.)