1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What game should I get for a (gaming) PC?

Discussion in 'PC' started by stirgo1212, Feb 25, 2010.

?

Which game is the best to play on the PC?

1. GTA IV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fallout 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Battlefie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Crysis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Far Cry is old.It's Ok by today's standard but much of it is surpassed by Crysis which came from the same developers.
    Far Cry 2 just doesn't live up to the legacy.We can say that Crysis is the more 'accurate' successor to Far Cry if you play both games and compared to it.
    Anyway,Halo:Reach will own all FPS.(i assume)

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

1) Far Cry is a good sandbox FPS. It doesn't matter if it's surpassed, it's still an incredibly good entry to the genre.
    2) Your opinion on Far Cry 2. Also, Crysis is a technical successor, not 'accurate' by any means. They're different franchises. God.
    3) Halo Reach will suck balls (I assume)

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

For me, that's a good thing. ZING
    I miss the last part

4. allkratos

Elaborate.
    Post Merge: [time]1268318182[/time]
    NOPE don't.The trail is POS.I tell you the truth.It doesn't represent the depth and the size of the world.
    You can only run a few low level instances which are badly designed.(good dungeons only start when you are level 20+).All i have to say is don't judge the quality of WOW only by trail.Look for info and look at the reviews of the game.
    (it is the highest rated MMO so far).Plus,the content of WOW is old now.Newer player like you will find it boring unless you level up to 60 and get the two expansion(the best content of any MMO).
    My advice is,wait until WOW:Cataclysm later this year.It will revamp the old world drastically.

5. Suiseiseki

WoW, when I played it, had unholy amounts of grind - and this was on a boosted XP server. It's pretty terrible.

6. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Fallout 3 or The Orange Box (got it for $15 and it's the best deal I've ever gotten)

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

doesnt anymore until you get to level 70. then its grinding.

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was a bug or anything, but go to Grizzly Hills and aggro the Wind elementals near Dun Argol (SW part of it), and strictly kill the totem spawns, not the elemental and see if you get XP. If not, then it was either fixed, or that was because of a private server's crappy emulation or whatever.

I would sit there killing spawn after spawn after spawn after spawn and I'd get about 1k xp unrested, every 5 seconds, instantly killing it with one swing. This was on a supposedly x3 server, even though droprates were still x1.

Luckily, it wasn't too horrible of a grindfest, because well, I never had to move more than 2 feet per level.

9. allkratos

At least WOW isn't as grindfest as most asian MMOs like Aion,Lineage 2,
    and the grindiest MMO-FFXI-horrible User Interface,mediocore reviews,bugfest.-the whole game is about grinding.
    WOW didn't get repetitive until you've reached level 70 like Loony said.
    Even so,the Lich King Expansion has some of the best contents in the game.The lore is simply better than the Sci-Fi Fantasy mess that is The Burning Crusade.(maybe because of the darker questline and world design..gothic FTW)

10. Suiseiseki

Is it possible for you to make a single post without listing another game and going off on a tangent? Goddamn.

Also, I did find the grinding annoying. I got to Level 20 before I lost patience with WoW. Boosted XP rates did nothing to assauge my boredom. There is grind, it's just that you guys seem to have a much more generous definition. I hear it takes like three weeks to get from 70 to 80. Okay, that's grind, but so is like eight hours without a single level up. Hell, so is three or four hours.

11. allkratos

1)I'm sorry if that annoyed you.I intended to make comparison with other MMOs.That(i assume) will make those who hate WOW and accuse it as a grindfest might consider that it still doesn't push players to sacrify as much time as other MMOs.In other words,it's streamlined compared to other more hardcore MMO.
    However,that doesn't mean that it will please everyone.What can we do?It is the most polished MMO so far(even after 5 years-maybe because of the updates and patches) but it is uninnovative.(i mean new idea,combat mechanics,etc).That is why Blizzard want to revamp the game world with Cataclysm.(to make the level 1-60 less grindy and varied)

12. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

add WoW best game i ever played cod is nothing compair WoW

but if i choose one of them i choose cod 6