1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What game should I get for a (gaming) PC?

Discussion in 'PC' started by stirgo1212, Feb 25, 2010.

?

Which game is the best to play on the PC?

1. GTA IV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fallout 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Battlefie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Crysis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

^^^^ ALL TRUE

Bad Company 2 is a lot of fun and is out right now actually, pick it up.

2. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

LOL all true?What a yes man you are...

3. Littlekill

im a woman bitch

4. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Oblivion.

5. joelogs

joelogs Well-Known Member

i'll for all FTS and RTS games for priority. others would be fighting games and RPGs if there are.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

IT TOTALLY IS.

I've been playing it nearly non-stop since I got it, the online is awesome, even better if you have a squad of friends. The destructibility adds a tension not present in most games and the single player is good (well I think it's better than MW2's). Also it has the best sound in any game I've played since Bad Company 1.

Also the PC version is the best console to PC port ever.

Online has a strong emphasis on teamwork, lone wolfing it won't do you or your team good. You can have 7000 points and your team could still lose. I like it.

7. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Is it a better game than Crysis? Bcause i bought it.

8. allkratos

SICK,bias..Bad Company 2 isn't a console to pc port.(and vice versa)It has it's own PC version.
    Just wanna tell you that Battlefield is originally a PC only franchise.

It is better than Crysis multiplayer and long term gameplay wise.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, the Frostbite engine was made for the consoles and ported to the PC. Battlefield 1943 was supposed to come out for the PC, but they couldn't because they couldn't port the Frostbite engine for the PC in time, so they just moved to BC2.

If you're saying that Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2, 2142 and the whenever it's going to come out, 3 are all PC versions and only PC games, well yes. Battlefield Modern Combat, and Bad Company franchises are console games and the Frostbite engine that runs Bad Company is a console based engine, there's a reason why MC and BC1 are only on the consoles.

And bias?

10. allkratos

But PC version is superior.
    Seriously,i admit that i spend my time on consoles more than PC but come on some games are superior on PC like Resident Evil 5...
    Mass Effect 2 is based on Unreal 3 engine(therefore it is not a port) and yeah it controls better on PC.Plus the lighting is better.
    Mordern Warfare 2 on PC looks even better than Uncharted 2 but the console version is inferior to Uncharted 2.
    Bioshock 2 on console looks old.
    RTS games-nothing mind blowing on PC look shit on consoles.
    Halo Wars could have been a great RTS if it was released on PC.(the developers are better at RTS than Bungie),the game is crap because it is a dumbed down PC style RTS for the 360.
    Hey,aren't the best engines are PC based?Hell,even the Crystal tolls for Final Fantasy 13 is Windows based engine.(that is one of the reason the made a 360 version as well).
    Now,some games are just better be console only.(Metal gear solid 3 port is horrid,so does RE 4).GTA 4 shouldn't be ported at all.Sport games are weird on Keyboard.
    In the end,it's even.So no bias please.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

God damn you don't understand a single thing I write.

I said nothing about which is superior, they both have their positives and negatives. I said nothing, thus you can't claim that I'm being biased. I even said Bad Company 2 is the best PC port ever, I of course am saying that the PC version is better. Hell a lot of PC ports are better than the console versions, but I haven't even said anything like that in this post or any post before this one.

All of them with the exception of Halo Wars I can say "no shit". I disagree about the MW2 looking better than Uncharted 2 because I thought the art style and locales were better than MW2. Also Bioshock 2 looks old on any system, it's made using the Unreal 2(.5) engine.

Really? Really? The last RTS on a console was Halo Wars, last year, before that it was Command and Conquer 3, that came out around 2 years ago. Games look better than they have two years ago. I think Bungie would've done a lot better on a console RTS than the devs who did it. How would you figure that they're better than Bungie at RTS'? Ensemble made a lot of RTS', Bungie's only made two. You can't really compare.

Engines are made on the PC, that means absolutely nothing. FFXIII looks better on the PS3, why? Because it was made with the PS3 console in mind, then they had to port the engine to the 360, the byproduct of that is that the 360 version looks slightly worse. Oh noes!

There's no MGS3 port either, I know you meant MGS2, but if you wanted a debate against me you could've reread your post. Also the sports game thing, there's a reason why you're able to buy a PC gamepad/joystick.

It's even? You gave a ton of positives on the PC and only one plus for the console.

It's incredible how you don't see that I think PC and Consoles are equal, I haven't said anything about comparing the two. I just recommended Bad Company 2, as I find it a lot more fun than Crysis, whoa. Comparing two games? WAT. I don't even know what you're going to reply with, as you're so unpredictable, hell you might just reply with "What's your take on truancy?".

12. allkratos

1)First thing,I didn't say that FF XIII looks better on 360.I was telling you that it is based on a PC based engine.(it will look better if they decided to release on PC)
    2)I said that MW2 on consoles looks inferior to Uncharted 2.However,the PC version of MW2 looks superior due to the PC hardwares.
    3)When i said console RTS i didn't mean Halo Wars only,that includes RTS that had been ported to console since...Starcraft 64(which is shit).Command and Conquer 3 isn't mind blowing on PC but it looks shittier on 360.Supreme Commander 2 is total flop On 360.
    4)Metal gear solid 2-my bad.
    5)There are better studios out there than Bungie and Ensemble has more experience than Bungie in RTS.(even them were unable to produce a good console RTS-due to the 360 limitation and yeah Halo Wars is shit)

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

1) I said an engine made on the PC isn't the same as made for the PC. I also can't find anything saying that the FFXIII engine being made for windows, the only thing I can find is the PS3 and 360 engine being made separately.

2) Read again what I said, I said I disagree. I thought MW2 on any system/PC looks inferior due to the somewhat dull locales compared to Uncharted 2. I though MW2 was drab through and through, graphics and gameplay wise. Also the animations are inferior.

3) You said console RTS' look like shit, yet the last few RTS games have come out only around last year, games have started to look better and better since Halo Wars and C&C3. Hell, I included more than Halo Wars, and really, you brought up Starcraft 64? WOW.

5) "How would you figure that they're better than Bungie at RTS'? Ensemble made a lot of RTS', Bungie's only made two. You can't really compare." Comparing the two is like comparing two students, one a major in biology and the other in physics, then one of them join the other course and is new, then comparing the two. It isn't fair.

Halo Wars is not shit, it's decent for what it is. :http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halowars?q=Halo. An 82, not shit. You may think it's shit, but it's a decent effort for a console RTS.

Seriously, stop arguing with me, it's like you're arguing with me for only the sake of arguing. It's gotten to the point where it's like arguing against a 3 year old, as Suis said before: "So allkratos, make a decent point instead of bouncing all over the place or shut the fuck up, it's tiresome watching you struggle.".

14. Littlekill

I'm getting BC2 on the 360 in a few days once a few extra parts arrive in the mail, then i gotta learn how to fps with a controller.

15. stirgo1212

But is Crysis still good?

16. allkratos

Hell yeah.It's still the only good 'open-ended FPS'.
    Until Halo:Reach and Crysis 2 arrive later this year.
    (modern warfare2,uncharted 2,etc are all corridor shooter).

And do you like RTS or MMO?

17. stirgo1212

Hmmm. Not sure, when my new PC gets fixed ill try a demo of WoW. See how 'addictive' it really is.

18. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

WoW is terrible.
    Get Phantasy Star Online instead.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Far Cry would like to talk to you.

20. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

For some reason, I can't play Blue Burst for more than 5 minutes. I don't really like the battle style all that much.