1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What flash card is the best, and what do you use (DS)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gkenzx, Dec 16, 2009.

1. hightimes

hightimes Well-Known Member

AceKard 2i with AKAIO. I got one and never looked back. It plays video's, roms, mp3's and it supports menu skins. I'm glad I got an AceKard 2i.

H.

2. Bhepster

Bhepster Member

EDGE is good, so far the only game acting up is Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside and CSI. Nothing a patch couldn't fix, I believe. It's pretty cheap, wide array of supported games, it supports DSi Hybrid games, music, video playback, images via Moonshell, customizable skins... And there are rumors that says it can play GBA ROMs, but I haven't tried. If you made a list of flash carts, I think EDGE would rank... Somewhere towards the top.

3. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

EDGE is a descent flashcart. I had no choice but to buy it because it's the only flashcart around my place.

4. meeshelly

meeshelly Well-Known Member

I'm new to flash carts but I just bought the Acekard2i and installed Akaio on it and I love it. Was very easy to do and I love the interface and all the skins look really nice (I got a nice Zelda one, looks purty) I really love it and would definitely recommend it. I read tons of reviews before deciding on it. I have not tried out any other flash carts though. I like though that there is a lot of support for this card and that Akaio is updated frequently and all that. I think it's a great card so far :)

5. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I use the CycloDS, it may cost a small bit more... but all the menus look good, it's easy to use i've not encountered a game I can't play, cant ask for much more than that.

6. Russky

Russky Active Member

r4 FTW

7. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I must agree with meeshelly why I'll explain:

The first flashcard I used was a Edge it was a good flashcard and I could play
    most games but then the flashcard died on me and I ordered a R4
    A good card but because it has limited cheats to show it is the perfect
    flashcard for beginners.

Then my Ds Lite got stolen from me so I had to buy a Old NDS and I ordered
    A R4I RTS a good flashcard but not for me I had problems with the cheat database

So I ordered a Acekard 2i (and the funny thing is I ordered 1 I got 2 so if you want to buy one from me just say the word)

The Acekard 2i is the most perfect flashcard for us games because it has many functions like using
    3 types of databases run diffrent types of loaders easy to use menus and it plays every single DS game that there is and you can update the Acekard 2i by using your WIFI connection

That is why I like this card very much I still have my R4 but I'm using that one for watching my anime (darker than black at the moment)

PS meeshelly

I've got 4 other skins for the acekard for ya if you want them I'll upload them to my megaup loadaccount so that you can put them right at your Acekard if i let you download them from ndsthemes.com you'll need to create some maps before they're work and with my download I've done that for ya

8. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I stick with the flash card that came with my DS Lite, which is EDGE. Nothing really special about it, despite being a CycloDS clone. Compatibility with the newer games is good enough for me, and that's all that matters.

9. Sabri23

Sabri23 Guest

I really think that the best card an Acekard2i is because the firmware AKAIO . I had ordered one yesterday along with a 4GB memory card, and it will be probably Deliverd Monday or Tuesday.

10. Russky

Russky Active Member

I have the r4 and lovin every second i have it... Why is there no love for it here?

11. romjockey

romjockey Member

the m3 real has never let me down

12. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

It does not help when people give inaccurate advice due to what may be accurate opinion. The R4 is an old and dead card.

13. Kaichi

Kaichi Well-Known Member

The CycloDS Evolution is definitely worth it if you're willing to fork over a little extra money. If there's a game that has compatability issues, they usually have a firmware update within the week.

14. emmkayye

emmkayye Well-Known Member

R4. The best and its not expensive.

15. mo_chedda

mo_chedda Member

R4 is the best

16. TAYLOR2O

TAYLOR2O Well-Known Member

Definitely the M3 DS REAL or SIMPLY!