1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What do you think the next "wii" would be?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by gamefreak6597, Sep 6, 2010.

1. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I jus t checked: I had no idea that there was an option in the Wii's menu for it. In that case, I change my problem from "not being able to turn down the volume" to "not having volume control available on the actual remote" and ""the audio quality of the Wii remote's speaker being terrible".
    I've pretty much given up on the Zelda series now. Just as Nintendo has.

2. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Nintendo has no way given up. I don't know about you, but I personally loved Twilight Princess. DS Zelda's were meh though.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The parts I really liked about Twilight Princess were the non-wolf portions. More side quests and more involvement using the items from dungeons outside of the dungeons would've been really nice.

But I agree that the DS Zelda's were meh though, I would prefer if they went back to the 2D GBC/GBA/SNES Zelda type thing instead of the type we get now. I mean, it's still good, just not as good as Oracles/Awakening/LttP.

4. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I haven't given up, i still enjoy them. TP was a good game... but i probably would of enjoyed the Cube version a lot more.

I only found the DS games meh, for these reasons:
    - Gimmick items (only the ones that required blowing/shouting into the mic..)
    - Sailing and Train travel parts (so boring. It was worse in ST though, you had little freedom, and that rabbit catching was a crappy sidetrack)
    - Having to repeatedly go back to a master dungeon (i didn't like how the games centred around them, makes them feel small)

The touch screen control and items were ok, they worked well so i embraced it.
    It would have been nice if they'd done one touch screen game and one traditional style game on the DS. ST wasn't great, i got bored of it often because of train sections, the mic items just made it worse.

5. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I'm just happy there is a gap between the Wii and what is to come.
    I personally believe that they released the DSi's models (XL,LL) too early (one came after another)

6. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

Re: What do you think the next \"wii\" would be?

noone here can moan as they couldnt make thir own console with motion control also someone mentioned wariowareso what the dses touch screen controls made warioware a great game besides i like the wii im a fan of nintendo titles like zelda
    Post Merge: [time]1284295152[/time]
    besides at least the wiis motion controls are better than sixaxis

7. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Good to see not everyone in this forum is an ignorant PS3 fanboy. You want better Motion Controls? Go buy a Motion Plus. I think that Nintendo needs to stop directing their hardcore franchises (Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc.) towards the casual gamer demographic and re-capture the hardcore gamers we lost in the seventh generation. 1 Hardcore gamer=5 Casual gamers.

8. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

In before Nintendo Surprises everyone again with a completely new system.....

Btw, 2 points.

The good use or bad use of the controls depends entirely on the company making the game. Nintendo is just a publisher.

and

If you want ZOMGWTFBBQ better graphics, get a ps3 and shut the hell up. Nintendo was very clear that won't follow the" Awesome Graphics = Awesome game" logic anymore. Thats actually one of the reasons that I am still a fan of nintendo.

9. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Nintendo says that they won't announce a new console until they've squeezed all the life out of the wii.

10. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I also read they won't announce it because they don't want the other company (*cough*cough*Sony and Microsot *cough*cough) copying their ideas again.
    In the same interview they said they are actually working on something, its just secret.

11. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

i dont want 3d or anything like thaat till 2012 or something

12. GenoNyght

GenoNyght Member

I just want Nintendo to have better online and games that aren't so damn casual, is that too much to ask?

13. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm....maybe they will call it the "WiiWii" LMAO....

14. j c 2000

lol

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

This point about anything is a stupid point, and is often one that people resort too when they don't have a point to begin with.

If this is EVER the case, are you ever allowed to complain? Hell yes, just because I can't make a _______ doesn't mean I'm not allowed to complain with what I have. Good complaints take the form of constructive criticism.

It's good to note that no one mentioned the Playstation Move or Kinect in this topic, suggesting preference is not ignorant in the least. Simply saying that everyone else is a _______ fanboy when they haven't mentioned anything like "Wii sux, PS3 rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!", is ignorant, however.

Honestly, I would care about Motion Plus more if it was included in more games, and didn't require me to recalibrate it every 10 minutes or so. I don't know if Move has to calibrate anything besides the color of the ball, and I don't know if Kinect has to calibrate. I haven't look it up so, I don't know, nor do I really care all too much. As all forms of motion control has really turned me off.

I think we should start counting the amount of nonconstructive, one word posts you make.

16. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

Hahaha Natewlie I love your posts sometimes.

Also; seriously, didn't they (they being a general term for video game manufacturers) say that virtual reality consoles were coming soon?

17. j c 2000

I dont expected that nintendo will make a console with 3d since the wii did not have hd. Unless it is release in 2012 or 2013 when many people will have 3d televisions probably.

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Those are expensive and in these times, most people won't be buying an HD TV, let alone a 3D TV that costs thousands more.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

fasdfse nevermind.

20. Jam34556

Jam34556 Member

After the wonderful success of the Virtual Boy I don't see Nintendo going that route again anytime soon. As for the other two I can't say but I don't see it coming anytime soon personally. The console would be pretty expensive I imagine and money is pretty tight for most people these days.