1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What do you think of "The Ancient Alien/Astronaut Theory"?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I just sat through an "Ancient Aliens: The Series" marathon thanks to Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgJ7-R4Zpbk

And quite frankly I think the idea that Aliens have already visited us in the past & them having a direct hand in shaping human history makes sense. And in a way it does explain in a scientific way what Supernatural mysticism is. The notion that "God/s", in the religious sense was a "mis-interpretation" of our early human ancestors of Ancient Space travelers having advanced technology seems logical.

The only thing I'm not comfortable with is the notion that those media sensationalized "Greys" could be one of those Ancient Alien visitors. Those beings totally scare the shit out of me....

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Evolution happened. It would ignorant to say there no such things as aliens but I doubt they came here.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Well our huge Megaliths do need some explanation. How can our ancient ancestors lift a solid piece of granite rock weighing more than 10 tonnes? Unless our ancestors do know how to Earth bend?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cranes and levers have been in use for centuries.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Indeed & what most proponents of the Ancient Astronauts theory suggests is that we (as a race) know of such tools earlier than what school books teach us. They say we had access to these tools even before what is acknowledged as the Post Stone Age period had occurred.

Various cultures speak of Gods teaching humans the knowledge for using fire, tools & were responsible for the development of laws & morals. Ancient Astronaut theorists just suggest that these so called God's of antiquity were mis-interpreted beings who have advanced knowledge & in order for early man to "interpret" what they saw they had to use "information" that was available to them at the time. For example, what we now call UFO's were referred to in antiquity such as "flying chariots", "Dragons" & or "angels" simply because those who saw them in the past do not know of the term "UFO" that we currently use.

6. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Where's your proof of this? Also, our knowledge of human development through the ages is constantly being updated; discoveries of certain tools being used at a period in time, prior to when we originally thought they were invented, isn't justification for crazy theories that they were given to us by aliens. There are plenty of gaps in our knowledges of science and our history as a species, filling in the blanks with arbitrary theories isn't they way forward; it's the same logic that people used to come to the conclusion that bad weather means the gods are angry and the the land was shaped by a rainbow-coloured snake.
    Technology like The Antikythera mechanism can't be explained at the moment, but perhaps findings in the future will cast light on it; gaining knowledge is a constant process and past theories and past facts are subject to change with new developments.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Go watch the Series, all the proof you are looking for they have clearly stated on every episode.

8. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Just because they put those "facts" in a TV show doesn't mean its proof of anything.

And besides, in most of the episodes, the scientists they're interviewing all say "my theory is..."
    While most of the evidence they're looking at may help to support their theories, there is no DEFINITIVE piece of evidence or relic that proves that ancient civilizations were founded by aliens.

Don't get me wrong, I think the whole premise is fascinating and WAY MORE believable than the belief that the earth was created in 3 days and humans were made from clay.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

well if the alien theory is true, then the alien was probably lord xenu himself and the scientologists are right about everything

... I dont think so.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's how I feel about their beliefs as well, definitely more "believable" than how it's told in the Judea-Christian Bible.

LOL!

11. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

no it doesn't, science usually requires evidence.

yes, because that's the natural thought process for that problem...

i think they're both examples of how deep human stupidity can be

12. Void

Void Well-Known Member

You need to realize that this stuff is obnoxiously sensationalized because its intentions are to attract viewers rather than to educate them.

I don't necessarily believe all the ancient aliens woowoo but I am inclined to believe that the notion of biological beings from another planet (something that is incredibly likely to exist) have influenced earth is more likely to have occurred than an invisible man who made the universe one day (something that has no scientific credibility whatsoever).

So more likely than an invisible man in the sky? Sure. Probably? I have no fucking idea and no one does.

13. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i dont really know if i believe in aliens or not, but i can say this. if aliens are so advanced, how they get their knowledge, from another alien specie? because they could have developed their knowledge by themselves, and so could we, there is no need of saying aliens gave us the tools, but rather, humans found out because of need and knowledge. if there were an alien specie out there, and there could since the universe is rather infinite, why from all the planets around they would choose earth to visit. steven hawkings explains life in other planets as a possibility, but rather unlikely to really prove, since they could be living in another time and could be extinct once we actually get some type of prove they exist. but of course there are many enigmas in the world. ancient civilizations depict their gods strangely similar through sculptures and drawings, even though these are diferent tribes, people in different parts of the world

14. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

I've watched some of this series to, and I, unlike any one else in my family, think that it is indeed quite logical. For example, how could our ancestors make cuts in stone so precise with their simple tools that rival what we can make today? To me it all makes a lot of sense really. Another example would be when they found a model of what looked like a plane, and when they scaled it up it actually flew. Now either that was luck or our ancestors knew more then we think they knew about science and that sort of stuff.

15. Braaainz

Braaainz New Member

How was clockwork made without machines constructing all the metal gears, sprockets, and springs? How did Galileo get lenses for his telescope? People took the time and did a great job. No aliens needed.

As to our ancestors... yes, they did know a LOT. The ancient greeks had an early version of a computer (basically a mechanical tabulating machine).

After the book, "The Chariots of the Gods" came out (basically which started people thinking about aliens teaching us), PBS did an awesome refutation of it. They dissected the book and showed how much the author cherry picked the facts, misinterpreted rather obvious pictures, etc. I wish they would do an updated version.