1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Do You Think of Obama Running The U.S. on His Second Year in Office?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by 2DamCerius, Sep 27, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I wish I had gotten that contract, I would have made and installed them for $9000 a go! Saving you taxpayers 10%
    I would be rich by now. Very rich.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Haha! I would have taken your offer. It's way cheaper than that other company. ::)

3. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

The U.S. would watch people burn in the streets if they got tax money for doing it.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that's something he can control? I don't think so.

5. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

Its true that he can't control it; That's partly the point... the other part being that his plans haven't worked out too well.

6. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

The point is he has let ppl play his "race card" to much.

7. wingz3ro

wingz3ro Active Member

Speaking of which, A good part of the country thinks Obama is Muslim.

8. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Technically he isnt. But he did appoint a few into very powerful positions. One of them is from Syria.

9. wingz3ro

wingz3ro Active Member

Even if he did that, there's no reason why anyone should think Obama is Muslim. He doesn't even worship the holy pillars of the Muslim faith.

10. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

He is not even 100% black.

11. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

There's a VERY low chance that Obama will win in 2012. He's saying:
    [quote author=Rush Limbaugh]
    Obama's thinking: "I'm not gonna govern this country. I'm gonna rule it."
    [/quote]

12. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

He could actually do a good deal of what he promised and re-implement those plans he had so this country would be on its way up but as long as his enemies only wanna make money and keep the masses ignorant and stupid so they can bring him back into office to finish what he started, he cant get shit finished. If only people stopped being so impatient in this newer age of instantaneous things maybe they'd understand that he willingly took on one of the hardest jobs on the planet. I saw people like 2 months after he got into office saying he sucks as a president cause he didnt fix the gas prices. we're so close to depression type things yet everyone wants it fixed over night and He modeled himself after FDR but even FDR couldnt fix a nation as jacked up as ours in one term. he took 4 terms before his job was finished and the only possible thing that could send our economy back into a green area would be another war like world wars 1 and 2 but i doubt thats gonna happen cause if it does and it has nothing to do with us people will still find a way to blame it on obama.

Even a world war 3 couldnt fix us overnight so stop f**king complaining!

13. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Wait, what? Apologies if I got your meaning wrong, but are you saying a war would help America? Why and how?
    (Also, a-a little punctuation? It's really hard to read block paragraphs. x_x)

14. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

World War II ended the Great Depression because millions of people got jobs building military craft. World War III would help in presumably the same way.

15. Nitemare_ Plague

sorry about the punctuations

but it has helped before with one of the world wars though i forgot which. the industry picked up massive to make bullets and other things plus hundreds of people go factory jobs so unemployment was really low. i'm saying it could help just not the stupid kind that bush had where we barely had an idea of who the hell our enemy was. its alot easier to fight a war if u have a country you know where you're going to fight instead of just leaving thousands to search the area.

16. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Possible, I guess. I'm no expert on economics.

Wouldn't it be more likely they'll bring it in from the SE Asian countries, though - like everything else? It's a war and weapons could get ambushed and all, but...

*Is thinking of the cost of asking Americans to work in factories*

17. Nitemare_ Plague

its work or starve...they'll do it

18. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

some of Obama's ideas are great (health care and such) but we are in major debt with no agreed way to pay out of it (taxes and exports), and I don't feel well spending money we don't have. He's facing opposition from both R's and D's because of what he wants and it would take money away from their (deep deep deep) pockets.

More importantly the Government Dumped a Shitload of money into those companies. FDR's square deal was created to also combat the great depression since everyone felt it was his fault, not the market's (who was actually at fault)

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Hitler actually brought Germany out of the great depression prior to starting the 2nd world war, and remember Germany was the worst hit by the great depression (because of all the reparations they had to make as part of the treaty of Versailles.) People get into a tizzy about what an evil monster he was, and overlook the fact that he was actually a good leader to start with. He was destined for the history books before he went bad, his subsequent actions only made him enter history for the wrong reasons. He oversaw vast investment in Germany's infrastructure, creating the autobahn network as one of his shining achievements. Modern day Germany owes far more to Hitler than anyone cares to admit, because of him they have one of the most extensive high speed road networks in the world. All this investment in infrastructure allowed people and goods to be moved faster and cheaper, reducing costs to businesses and increasing their ability to be successful. If the world could look past Hitler the monster and the evil he wrought, we could learn from the good he did.

20. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Hitler never did a sh*t of good. He ESCALATED the Depression in Germany, and killed millions of people because he was a sh*t-headed atheist and the people he killed were not.