1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Do You Think of Obama Running The U.S. on His Second Year in Office?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by 2DamCerius, Sep 27, 2010.

1. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

I think he trying to equal everything out--you know shift the sides of the status quo and make everything level on all social classes. Right now people in the U.S. seem to be leisurely minding their own businesses, but in reality we are eating nothing but canned soups and tuna bones.

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I was not aware that this was happening, just right next door, what's next, communism?!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry, but this post is irrational, any sort of 'the US is turning into the URSS/communist nation' is a huge, huge hyperbole, usually influenced by misinformation and some media. The only thing I've seen him do in terms of making the social classes equal is the Health Care bill, which the US is the last first world country to implement.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

To put it nicely.

The only president that I love is Abraham Lincoln. And he's dead.

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Damn I want canned soup! all we have is packs upon packs of ramen noodles, and where did you find tuna bones!?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Tuna bones are delicious. Filled with life-nurturing mercury!!

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You have canned soup??! We live off of half-eaten cheese sandwiches! in the snow, uphill both ways! :p

7. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

"Making everyone equal" reminds me of a short story I read today called "Harrison Bergeron". It's quite good. It's about a future where every citizen is dumbed down so nobody's smarter than anyone else. They call it "equality".

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

He's an idealist. He tries to make it a better place, but there's so much pressure for things to stay the way they are because someone's making money off it. It's the first real instance where you can see how much power resides with the Senate and Congress rather than the President.

I honestly believe that, if he didn't have massive Republican and lobbyist hurdles to overcome every step of the way, the USA would be a much better place already and Obama would have shown his true ability to lead a country. The way things are, though? He can't do jack.

9. 2DamCerius

I have read a little bit of his Biography and he bears a similar resemblence to what his father believed in. They were both Muslim and the idea of benefitting altruism instead of individualism goes against what the U.S. has stood for in the previous decades.
    i understand he has a hard time within the three branches of government, but he is the executive who stands as the great political figure in the history of america.

10. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

This is true, but what irks me is that he'll go down in history as an ineffective leader simply because he has a vision that doesn't involve politicians having their pockets lined by companies.

11. 2DamCerius

Yeah I guess some politicians fear of getting poor or turned down into the slump of Gotham city where Joker decides to put mayhem on his calendar everyday of the week. I understand that once a person recieves a high status in society he or she becomes a conservative in terms of his or her earnings. Let's say I have a piggy bank with interest of one million percent and all my hard work was put into it, then the government decides to tax me on half of my income--where is the love there,hhmmm? I ended up on the high road of things and then descended to a mere level of an ant.

12. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Obama was never a Muslim.

13. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

If I ever got one million percent interest, I wouldn't give a shit if the government took half, That'd still be $500,000 for me every time I claim interest if I only ever invested a dollar.

Also, the bank that gave that much interest wouldn't last more than a few weeks at most.

14. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I think he mean to say Indonesian.
    Obama has great ideas, but it's just hard to implement many of them now.

15. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

He is a bad president who does not have any idea wtf he is doing.

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Why do you think that?

17. 2DamCerius

*sighs*

Because he is currently giving healthcare reform to all the unfortunate from taxpayers' money, which he previously gave to the automobile companies such as GM.

*Taxes+national deficit=public's money*

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

healthcare reform is desperately needed. the US is a first world country with a third world healthcare system.

19. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

A good man, with great ideas, but no experience and failed plans of implementation

a promise to prevent double digit unemployment, broken

the leader of America's next recession (the current one never went away, so... is it the next?)

the nobel peace prize winner, as the world has not changed since his arrival in the white house

a young celebrity with a lot to learn when it comes to leading a nation

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Our tax dollars made these signs.

[​IMG]

Ten thousand dollars per sign to make and install.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/signs-stimulus/story?id=11163180

I see them wherever I drive. They're pretty much pointless and I'm paying for them?
    That's a load of shit if you ask me...