1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What do you find safer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mataloski, May 15, 2007.

1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I'm not charged per amount, but a steady fee per month. :)

2. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

What's RIAA? And what kind of sites inject it into files? Is a firewall enough or do i have to switch to Ubuntu?

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Google RIAA, you'll find plenty of nice material. :)

I don't get what you mean about inject it into files?

4. Mataloski

Mataloski Member

Well thats kind of cool im not the only one whos been caught. And about the whole hotspot deal just isnt going to happen cause probably the closest one to me might be 45 to 2 hours away from me. I live in the US but where im at not very many big cities. I really like it here but the biggest city is 2 hours away. But i do have several small towns around that has like chain malls and stuff but no hotspots that i know of. Good idea tho. ;D

5. WezGG

WezGG Member

torrents (or even newsgroups) is not an option (well over 5k) for me as my ISP are ultra-shady about it, apparently you can download stupid shit like linux over a torrent (why!!!) instead of directly from http site. So anything I get has to be off IRC (which is probally fastest way of getting new stuff) and http (everything (other than here :D ) out of date usually and crap!)
    I was never a fan of torrents anyway, newsgroups so much better. with torrents you have to put up with all the retards that dont name stuff correctly or just try to give u a virus or something.
    I read on gbatemp loads of ppl saying how hard to use mirc is... I dunno, I managed to show my mum how to use it in about 15 mins and she deffinately hasnt got an advantage over someone 20+ years younger, who cant even use google and type "how to use mirc" - but she can read and write ok, so I guess she had an advantage!!!

6. L

L Active Member

thats y i use private trackers

7. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

I prefer downloading from websites because of how easy it is and my download speed is pretty fast but if there is a big file i would usually use torrents but something just for nds roms and gba roms i would just use a website.