1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What are your thoughts on the situation in Haiti?

Discussion in 'General News' started by RenaldoTT, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

Very true.

2. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

wow! the heartlessness of others, I hope you guys are smiling when a terrorist blows up your entire neighborhood saying this earth must be cleansed.

3. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I saw the thread title and was about to include a joke about that guy on that American reality show going to Haiti, but then decided that that would be stupid of me (a better idea would be to keep it to myself until I'm a rich movie director and then create " The Situation Goes To Haiti on Ice the Musical" to much critical acclaim)

But seriously though; i feel very sorry about the situation in Haiti, they had so little to begin with and now they have even less. Having to rely on foreigners for aid must be humiliating and the future must seem bleak.
    However; i am proud that the West (or at least most of it) has been offering what help that we can, we are all human beings and if the situation were reversed then i would like to think that they would do the same for us
    I hope that this disaster turns out to be a blessing in disguise that ensures that poverty in Haiti is highlighted to the West and that we take notice and do more to help.
    Its not as if we don't have our own problems financially; but we should always try to help out those less fortunate than ourselves.
    Although i disagree with some of the heartless comments on this thread; i can see how some people could judge the Haitian society to be so polluted that this disaster could be seen as a good thing, Haiti is in very much the same state as Nigeria and only drastic reform of the current culture and a massive boost to the legal economy and the purging of corrupt officials will change this. Still though; there are good people living there who are victims of the environment that they were born into (seeing all those injured and homeless kids with a likely dim future ahead of them cuts me).
    I hope things improve far beyond the state that Haiti was in before the quake and subsequent aftershock.

(Another joke that i could have opened with was ""The Situation In Haiti"?, i haven't played it yet, is it for DS?)
    Badum bum chihhhh

A truly terrible disaster

4. Paddette

Code:
    'You are challenged by Haiti!'

'I choose you Dugtrio!'
    "Dugtrio uses earthquake"
    "It's super effective."
    You said make a joke. :( I am a terrible person.

5. NeoStriker

NeoStriker Well-Known Member

You sir, just won one Internet.

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I live in Florida, which is just a little north of the island, so they're sending thousands of them here...
    About 200 of them are going to be attending my school, which I think is both a good and a bad thing.
    My school is already overcrowded, but they need a place to go, So I'm having mixed feelings about it.

I feel sorry for everyone who had to experience this

7. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

the UN is worthless... it needs to be disbanded

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

And one internet is deducted for needing to resort to using pokemon in a joke.

9. Paddette

Yeah... And such is life.

10. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

you win some you lose some, there is no way to have it all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.