1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What are your thoughts on the situation in Haiti?

Discussion in 'General News' started by RenaldoTT, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

celebrities usually do it for the glory.

2. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

sometimes....but I wouldn't glorify them...only morons worship men with power and money...

3. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

The celebs do it for money. They get this money by appearing, they appear for publicity.

No one does anything selflessly in showbiz.

4. RenaldoTT

You can't boldly say no one, some people do, do things out of the goodness of their hearts. Honestly I do good things with the little I have out of the goodness of my heart because I love people, and it's the right thing to do.

5. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

I didn't realise you were a celebrity. My bad.

6. RenaldoTT

well now you know, I take time out of my schedule to promote my countries culture. I'll be posting a new thread soon.

7. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

is awful i pray for their safety...

8. NeoStriker

NeoStriker Well-Known Member

Serves them damn right! They made a pact with the DEVIL, AFTER ALL!

9. RenaldoTT

Sigh....it's not your job to cast judgement on an entire nation because of an unknown numbers decision. And how do you know this is the reason for their present situation. For all we know for saying just that you'll be hit by a bus tomorrow. How tragic. If only God was the way he was in the old days.

10. funfile

funfile Member

Felt terribly bad for the people of Haiti. It reminded be of the devastation at New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina. Donated to both. Hoped it helped.

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html

12. NeoStriker

I wonder if I didn't lace the previous sentences with the right amount of Internet sarcasm. It can be a little difficult to get the right amount sometimes. If not clear by now, what I said was completely sarcastic. Also, God killed about 2 million times more than Satan. So just f*cking suck my dick, Pat Robertson.

13. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

please, hold your tongue
    (i sound like a mod)
    Pat robertson is a fool and a racist
    and yeah it is terrible what happened in Haiti :'(

14. JupiterJiveGuitarist

JupiterJiveGuitarist Active Member

It's a terrible event, another destructive act of nature. The best way to end this problem is to eliminate nature, that way it can never intefere again e_e.

I wish I could say sending 100 bucks or so would make a difference, but the rule of thumb is only a few cents of every dollar has been used for essential aid.

Now this isn't saying ' stop sending money. ' But it is saying be prepared to send alot and still see minimal result from it. And we can only give so much aid with the debts and bailouts ripping through our wallets.

Pray if you do, hope like the rest, send what you can. That is all we can do.

15. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

aid is not really go out there if you haven't known... the UN is useless and private companies aren't help because they rely on the UN for security... real downer

I would say, let haiti burn for the government's stupidity and uselessness but that would be mean o.-

16. RenaldoTT

it must be mean, bcuz the people did not deserve such a thing to happen to them, therefor you shouldn't even think such a thing. what about the little children

17. yea why dose bad things happen to black people why ????? boooo :( always

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that is an extremely ignorant remark.

19. NeoStriker

Yea! It's usually the other way around!

Also, I like the earthquake. There's probably no pretty way to say this; but we need people to die. Haiti was also an economic shitstorm. Now, we can hopefully rebuild and make it better, with less problems. I know people dying is a sad thing, but I want to mourn for as short as possible, and move on.

20. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Heh, so... it worked...!
    *evil grin
    Eghm, I mean, those poor people... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.