1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What are your thoughts on the situation in Haiti?

Discussion in 'General News' started by RenaldoTT, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

Your theory that it is cursed? What? Haha. Oh dear me. You sound just like that stupid asshole from FOX, who said they deserved it from praying with the devil to gain independence from france.

2. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

you do know that there is a lot of voodoo that goes on in haiti right? i understand you don't believe in the supernatural but you don't have to make a mockery of my opinion and that kind of thing can get you banned from this forum ok

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

you know that vodou is originally to be good and protect your loved ones and family, it only has a negative view because or faiths like yours.

and saying that the human race has never been compassionate is not negative it's fact. we have advanced through misery, yes we have compassion for those close to us but that has no bearing on people out side our clan. and piece treaties were a very recent thing in our history, any peace before that was due to people winning the battle then taking over.

may i add most of these wars were due to religious belief

4. RenaldoTT

you can'y add that if you don't specify wars...and as i've said before many times...religion and faith has nothing to do with it. so i don't know why every time someone says something is evil or bad religion has to be brought up. so come off it

5. equitypetey

i brought it up as you did. you talk like the shining light but your naive to the world around you and seem to have very limited knowledge of anything bar your warped opinions obviously (from your text) based on your beliefs.

6. rupok93

rupok93 Member

If gaining knowledge makes us think like you then me and RenaldoTT will like to stay with our limited knowledge and warped opinions from our beliefs.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

They do say ignorance is bliss. :)

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

True, but without knowledge we wouldn't have progressed as we did. It's more of who & how the knowledge was used that led to humanity's bad reputation as a species.

@RenaldoTT: I'm not from the Dominican Republic but surely if the quake is that strong they'd at least felt after shocks afterwards.

9. adofus

adofus Member

On the surface this make sense, yes....Put yourself in their situation.....how would you feel, etc? We'll there is only one problem with this ideology or way of thinking : Haiti was in this situation BEFORE the earthquake....and has been for a LONG time. We, and much of the world have thrown money at the problem....with very very little to show for it. The only thing that has changed is that people died FASTER this way(earthquake vs. extreme poverty) and more on the same series of days since. Until the people of Haiti as a whole change how they think, act, and do.....Nothing will change, no matter how much money, medical supplies, and "help" gets thrown at them. This is NOT the first time they have been hit by HUGE natural disasters...Not even in recent memory for that matter. Did it help last time?

This is not to indicate that people shouldn't have compassion, they SHOULD....However, at what point do you declare no-joy and pull back. In your personal lives if you loan someone money and they don't repay you (or better yet, they spend the money on lottery tickets)do you loan them money again? ....and again.....and again.....and again? I realllllly doubt it. Rational people, at some point, pull back and wonder if this is the best course of action. Instead, irrational people led by their heartstrings, jump in head first and feel the need to fix things. What's the expression? Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day...Teach him to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime? Someone needs to teach Haitians to "fish"....provided they are willing to learn.

10. equitypetey

again why do you people always resort to saying "if is was like you then". you don't know me just because your upset at me for having opposing opinion to you.

you can base someones whole character on a hated debate

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This probably isn't the right time for this, but I saw this a few days ago before the quake hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHIAV2N53E

Sadly, even countries like my own have cases like this happening on a regular basis, that is until somebody does something about it.

12. RenaldoTT

just one can make a difference that's why we say if it was you equitypetty or whatever your name is...and by the way I'm not naive in my opinions just like you deserve yours we all deserve ours, it's just through the eyes of myself and others it is believed you shouldn't feel compelled to care about anthers situations, you just should. it's supposed to be human nature, but apparently this isn't resident in some of us which is totally ok. most likely due to the upbringing of us, some may have never experienced the compassion of a mother or father, sacrificing for her young, while others did and can later in life show it. this is by no means an attack on any individual but it is logical to say that most traits expressed whole heartedly in life were learned in the home. either directly or indirectly. don't be an ignoramus.

13. Paddette

You just devalued your entire argument finishing with that.

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

Capital idea, this entire argument is retarded anyways.

No more shit please lest I have to hand out warnings and/or destroy self-esteem. :)

15. equitypetey

last time i post anything on the subject of this nasty ball of fun spouting hate monger, but it's expected.

this quote made my day, thanks man i'm rolling on the floor with laughter.

i'm glad that in our life's miseries, world problems and god fearing hate mongers ones laughter can save from all.

thanks peace out.

16. RenaldoTT

I like how reider denied my posts and deleted others made my myself and padette...very cool dude...

17. Paddette

Yeah sorry about that, sir. It drags you in! <3

18. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

A few of my passengers were cracking jokes about the situation there earlier tonight.

19. TAYLOR2O

TAYLOR2O Well-Known Member

It's great that they are being given help, but bad that they are fighting!

20. RenaldoTT

I'm glad the celebs kicked in, this shows, that if someone quite across the world doesn't care then how come these wealthy people, who won't benefit from helping Haiti, still give their time and effort to gather funds for them. Human compassion is it I ask...hmmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.