1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What are the "Bad" Stereotypes you hate the most given about your own country?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jan 6, 2010.

1. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

just want to add this up to cahos.

6. Public transportation in our country is the worst. even the traffic enforcers get paid by causing traffic.

7. Taxes! Filipinos are quite creative when it comes to taxes.

8. the weather.

holy c... that's freaky, is that what you get on astronomy? i won't post any comment on youtube ever again lol XD
    well actually it's not just foreigners but even our fellow countrymen are perverts too. that's one of the hardest part for us. most of us are helpless. i've experienced this many times, but just perverts who got nothing else to do with their lives but to... ugghh i'm just too patient to stab them right in their *bleep*, but i have the feeling of helplessness too. why are they always like that, is it the weather?! this is a tropical country for pete's sake, we're inside the pacific ring of fiiire!

well said and explained cahos, this is soo true i'd like to agree with you except the word wii, i mean "We", i'm not one of them. those hypocrites call themselves patriots when they spit on their own country and throw trashes wherever they want. both the government and the people lacks discipline. i also thought that the edsa revolution was a mistake. and this coming elections... o0ps sorry i'm getting too carried away...

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@ crimson: I guess you have no idea what stereotypes are don't you? As once again what you cited are merely facts:

3. crimson089

uhh... yeah i noticed it too lol sorry =P
    i'm too lazy to edit and delete it =(

4. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

The one English stereotype I abhor is the 'bad teeth' one. ;_; It makes people like me so paranoid.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Facts they may be, but they're still worth mentioning. There's no need to delete them really :)

First I heard of this was when Equity mentioned it.

6. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Yes, that's one of the stereotypes I loathe... :/

7. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

did i mention it?

although i think it's mostly an American view of the english

i have bad teeth and i'm english and i know many others too. it does have some bases in the fact that the english are not so bothered about our appearance being comfortable with our selves enough not to pay hundreds or even thousands to a failed doctor to make you look like another shiny toothed robot of a society that cares about looks and not people.

8. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Hahaha, that's a good way of putting it. I think I pretty much agree with that.

9. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

You forgot a few.

6: We live in tin shacks on a barren desert landscape.

7: The police use boomerangs instead of guns (lousy Simpsons ep.)

Also, we do see quite a few Kangaroos around Horsham and there are certain places near the mountains that get quite a bit of snow. We also have (excuse the bragging) one of the most articulate and understandable accents that i have ever heard (and I've done quite a bit of travelling).

10. crimson089

lol!!! is that true??

11. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

In a Simpsons episode? yes. In real, non-yellow life? absolutely not. The boomerang is a weapon designed by the native aborigines and very few British Australians even know how to use one.

12. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

Another stereotype to Filipinos is the whole we eat dogs thing:| I love dogs and i would never do that.

13. reithe

reithe New Member

Re: What are the "Bad" Stereotypes you hate the most given about your own countr

8: we have never been in a war and therefore must be incompetent at it <-- kinda funny as we have the best special forces in the world =P and usually end up fighting ridiculous odds, a la Tobruk & Gallipoli. ( what's wrong with this thing's dictionary)

Also, suprised as you may be, the Australian/New Zealand accent and speech patterns are pretty damned near gibberish, if you ever study linguistics you'll see why :-\