1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What anime next?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Jonez001, Oct 20, 2011.

1. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Read the manga Angel Densetsu. Now.

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    Magical elements, 12 episodes, can't remember if there's comedy in it.

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
    12 episodes, slice of life, romance, comedy.

Full Metal Panic The Second Raid
    13 episodes, mecha, however, requires the first season to understand the second.

That's all I got that meets the 12-15 episode limit.

Durarara!! is 24 episodes, 2 specials and meets all of these criteria.

3. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

Paranoia Agent is a pretty cool watch. Especially if you liked Perfect Blue.

4. Landon1

Landon1 Well-Known Member

its freaking brutal man. not much comedy...

you should watch Bakemonogatari (if you havent already). It has elements of Comedy, love and a bunch of other stuff. Plus its like 12 episodes long. Most people who've watched it don't forget it lol.
    You should look up the winter 2011 anime "Guilty Crown." resembles Code geass in more ways than one lol

YES. read it over the anime cuz the anime is rather slow at the moment. (warning: YANDERE alert!)

5. Priom

Priom Well-Known Member

wow so many suggestions now I have alot of anime to watch probably gonna start with Bakemonogatari.thx

6. insanecrazy07

Yeah, it's been awhile since I've seen it. One of the first few legit animes I've watched (that isn't 200+ episode shounen anime), and since it was subbed, I couldn't remember if there was any comedy in it.

Obviously there isn't. But still a good one nonetheless.

Guilty Crown looked good, but it's in Japanese and for some stupid reason, Handbrake refuses to hardcode subs correctly so those really nice MKV files that only play on my PC, stay on my PC, and then get shelved or deleted when I run out of space on my HDDs. I'd like to have them in MP4 so I can watch them on my iPhone 4 or PS3 as well as the PC.

I would re-encode them using VirtualDub, because I know VirtualDub hardcodes the subs correctly, but it usually screws up the framerate (whenever some idiot uses a random fps, not 23.997 or 25, but some stupid number like 26.342, yeah wtf). Even Avidemux screws this up as well.

And in turn, it throws off the audio/video sync and the subs are at the wrong times.

Big rant, but yeah, that's why I try to stay away from subbed versions, and try to find only English dubbed ones, inferior or not.

7. Landon1

Landon1 Well-Known Member

I used to use IpodME to convert anime to my iphone when the soft subs worked. THen IOS 5 came out and the soft subs strangely did not work anymore. Thats when i started to look for other converters. Then i stumbled upon freemake video converter. that thing frigging worked for me.

8. insanecrazy07

I'll have to get that. As long as it hardcodes without screwing up the audio/video sync, then I'm happy.
    --
    @Priom
    I just acquired Air, which meets the 12-15 episode count.
    Comedy, magic, and romance.

I normally wouldn't recommend anime that I haven't seen, but this is an exception because it's Jun Maeda.

I just finished Kanon (2006) and this also fits the bill, except that it's longer than 15 episodes. Uguu...

Also, there's The World God Only Knows (I and II). I wonder how the English dub will turn out...